Archived I'm getting close to that point where I just stop caring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely hit my limit today. I had a chat with my boss about something that made me go" what the hell am I here for then"? I've been with this company a long time and I'll finally seeing the light. Many of my peers are about ready to leave as well. I'm ready for something else.

Get the job, first. Then keep spot as a 2nd job. The spot 401 is very good, right now.

I definitely hit my limit today. I had a chat with my boss about something that made me go" what the hell am I here for then"? I've been with this company a long time and I'll finally seeing the light. Many of my peers are about ready to leave as well. I'm ready for something else.

Get the job, first. Then keep spot as a 2nd job. The spot 401 is very good, right now.

That's what I was thinking actually. I really don't want to lose all the benefits just yet, but I'm done dealing with this on a full time basis.

Getting close to my limit, too.....in pharmacy, they're so damned concerned with us getting RxRewards & texting, it seems like they couldn't care less whether or not we're actually doing our jobs correctly! "Oh, the guest DIED because their Rx wasn't filled correctly? Well, at least they signed up for RxRewards when they picked up that medicine! Good job Pharmacy! You're finally green!" Oh, and thanks for raising the G/Y/R %s YET AGAIN!

Our store went from 18 registers to 13....with 3 of them being GS. I can't even begin to imagine what black Thursday/Friday will be like......I'm having nightmares already!
However, I've got my feelers out and hope to be at another job before then. No, I don't think that I can handle another holiday season!!!!

I really don't care anymore. That's not to say I slack, but I don't go above and beyond by any means. There's absolutely no incentive to anymore. Hours are in the toilet, work flow's backed up ridiculously, sales are also in the toilet. Granted I saw this coming so I'm not surprised. I hate to say it, but this is only the beginning. It'll get worse from here, so get used to this level of suck now, lest you lose it and do something you regret. Watch for the q2 earnings report coming out this month. Depending on how it looks, layoffs (technically firings, I no spot doesn't "layoff" the grunts) may be on the table. At least at my store, that's only the next logical option that could be exercised. We've had our hours cut as much as possible, yet we've still been hiring new people on left and right. It almost feels like they're getting ready to axe the older employees that make more an hour just to save those last extra pennies on labor cost. It happened on sales floor first. They brought on new people and either moved the veterans (myself included) to other areas or simply have them working less than 20 hours a week. Most of the time I come in now, there's only one or two salesfloor TMs and they're usually the new people. We just brought on a new cart attendant too, and one of the veteran CA's was on the verge of tears because they chopped him down to a 13 hour work week.

Yeah, I will definitely say that I am feeling that frustration of being labeled as the chump, or the sucker, or the one who gets to do " the Charlie work ", or whatever way you want to think of it, because I actually still have whatever's left of my work ethic ( heaven knows why ) and it shows, and also because I'm not exactly barely 21 anymore and it's fairly apparent that I actually need the godforsaken job...

After a few years of getting EX reviews, working my butt off, putting up with always increasing workload (but no extra hours or TMs in Market to help out), I've given up.

I probably read my Kindle and play on my iPhone a few hours most shifts. Another Market TM has been doing this for a while and now I've caught the bug.

I still get a lot done when I'm not slacking, but I don't go above and beyond now.

I loved working at Target for the first three years. Over the past year, my morale has really taken a drop. It's the ridiculous increases in workload, the unintelligent and useless fresh-out-of-college ETLs, etc. Target is going downhill and I figure I may as well contribute to its downfall by slacking off.

Last edited:
The slackers know that they would have to do something drastic to get fired, the system is easy to manipulate.

If performance mattered at all on our team than 3-4 of these TMs would be gone immediately, but to our TLs and ETL it appears to be a funny joke about how bad they are.

I think it's like this with every Target store after you've realized how crappy the Target corporation treats their employees. Crappy pay for overly-ambitous labor work (flow team). I've stopped caring the first week I started working.

The only advice I can give is get a second job & keep Target as your BS job. I treat my job the same way it treats me, so if it's mediocre...I give a mediocre commitment/performance. I take my other job way more seriously than I do this one cuz that one actually knows how to be fair and good to their employees.

I think it's like this with every Target store after you've realized how crappy the Target corporation treats their employees. Crappy pay for overly-ambitous labor work (flow team). I've stopped caring the first week I started working.

The only advice I can give is get a second job & keep Target as your BS job. I treat my job the same way it treats me, so if it's mediocre...I give a mediocre commitment/performance. I take my other job way more seriously than I do this one cuz that one actually knows how to be fair and good to their employees.

The sad part is, spot stock is $70 a share. Buildup 401k for now, is my suggestion.

I used to complain about other TMs, but now I just keep my mouth shut. I can either pull or backstock and depending on what mood I'm in that day is what I do.

My store is having another visit by some district or regional idiot. I was so tempted to go in and ask him how the vibe works when no one gets the hours they need so they can get their extra jobs done.

I feel like there's been some backpedal on the vibe. The back cover of one of the news to use executive edition magazines says vibe is smiling at and greeting guests, helping them find what they're looking for, etc. It basically says continue doing what we were already doing. (Not so much the above and beyond moments we were led to believe).

My store is having another visit by some district or regional idiot. I was so tempted to go in and ask him how the vibe works when no one gets the hours they need so they can get their extra jobs done.

I feel like there's been some backpedal on the vibe. The back cover of one of the news to use executive edition magazines says vibe is smiling at and greeting guests, helping them find what they're looking for, etc. It basically says continue doing what we were already doing. (Not so much the above and beyond moments we were led to believe).

I never tried to go above and beyond what I was already doing. There's providing good service, which I do. Heck, I can't tell you how many times I've been on register and have had cashiers say "HEY DON'T DO THAT, YOU'LL GET IN TROUBLE!" only for me to say "If I get in trouble, fine, but the customer comes first" (I don't mean give away free money or anything. Just stuff like no barcoding obviously cheap items that it would be a waste of time to get a price check and DCPI for, and honoring price discrepancies when they're in the $20 range we're allotted). However when the vibe was originally rolled out, they kind of made it seem like they really wanted us to do things that were just unrealistic for grocery store employees to do, like deliver someone's child in the middle of the aisle, or perform an emergency pacemaker battery replacement on an elderly guest. Occasionally you'll get in a unique situation where you can provide service above what you normally perform, but you can only go so "above and beyond" at helping someone find the bread aisle.

Lol at the baby delivery! Shortly after the video where the TM opened the onesies or whatever, I had a guest ask if he could try on some headphones. I was super careful opening the package, but probably would have never been able to get them back in there. Thank god he bought them!

Wait, there's a way to put things in without a barcode? I was in a situation today where knowing how to do that would've been handy. I was up for backup and no one else was on the floor in SL, and the woman knew the price of the item.

One of the k keys (k3 I think) does no barcodes. But if the item is over $3, you really need to get the dpci.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back