Archived I'm getting close to that point where I just stop caring

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store, it's $20 but it's suggested that you not overuse K3/no barcode because AP reports all unidentified sales and you get coached if your month's total is over $100.

I've done like $100 in a day easily lol. Guess our AP didnt care.

At my store, it's $20 but it's suggested that you not overuse K3/no barcode because AP reports all unidentified sales and you get coached if your month's total is over $100.

This. No Barcode/999 sales count as inventory shrinkage (you're still making the same amount in sales but the inventory is off).

If a dpci isn't readily available, it's best to make it right for the guest and no barcode it.

It's important that pricing teams fix broken UPC ties ASAP.

If a dpci isn't readily available, it's best to make it right for the guest and no barcode it.

Depends on the store. At my store they are super strict about DPCIs for anything basically not in dollar spot.

The time after I made my transfer to my last store, and the ETL-HR was making no effort in trying to find out why I was not being able to be put on the store computer...simply one ETL-HR would not contact my previous store to confirm my arrival...Then my STL blew up at me because I asked him to look into it because it ruined my chances of being eligible to be interviewed for a handful of open positions.

I stopped caring. And I got the hell out of Dodge. I would spit on that store if I ever passed by it again.

Last edited:
Today was my breaking point. I'm fed up with being used as a pawn by my ETL's so they can spite each other. I'm done busting my ass for people who honestly couldn't give a damn what I do. From now on, I'm going to come in and do what's expected of me, maybe a little less, and go home. I'm not going above and beyond anymore. They can take my development and shove it up their ass, because if I didn't need this job to ease the cost of college, I would have walked out today. Nothing here is worth my stress, and they don't pay me enough to be stressed out anyways. There is so much tension in our store; it's like we all know a mass exodus is about to occur. It's amazing how much our store and the people in it have changed over 2 years. Oh well, "NOP: not my problem" is my slogan from here on out! :girl_dance:

Depends on the store. At my store they are super strict about DPCIs for anything basically not in dollar spot.

True.

At my store they let me no barcode $20 5 times for a $100 item lol. I could see that being a problem at some stores though.

You might as well just ring up ESPs for the amount the guest says the item costs.

The thing I didn't have a barcode for was a set of 5 Gerber Onesies for 9.99. GSTL went back for the barcode since no one was on the floor but the guest was buying the last one in that color and I ended up using the barcode of a different color. In this situation, I feel like the no-barcode wouldn't have been a bad option. Gerber stuff doesn't have DPCIs printed. The guest wasn't upset about the wait, but I'm glad I now know an alternative option that takes less time for that situation.

The thing I didn't have a barcode for was a set of 5 Gerber Onesies for 9.99. GSTL went back for the barcode since no one was on the floor but the guest was buying the last one in that color and I ended up using the barcode of a different color. In this situation, I feel like the no-barcode wouldn't have been a bad option. Gerber stuff doesn't have DPCIs printed. The guest wasn't upset about the wait, but I'm glad I now know an alternative option that takes less time for that situation.
Vibe in action!

GSTLs and/or AP: If a No Barcode/999 counts as shortage, then how is shortage impacted if you type in the department and class numbers but 9999 for the item number (i.e. xxx-xx-9999)? If I understand correctly, it will count toward sales from that department, but not as a specific item.

GSTLs and/or AP: If a No Barcode/999 counts as shortage, then how is shortage impacted if you type in the department and class numbers but 9999 for the item number (i.e. xxx-xx-9999)? If I understand correctly, it will count toward sales from that department, but not as a specific item.

Replenishment is affected.

Correct.

I think there is an APP on the PDA (SIM??) that will Red-Ticket items this way as well.

134.png

Pathetic little moderators who insult people in previous threads and then lock them.

The small power is getting to your heads, I feel sorry for the people that may work under your immature leadership mentalities.

I bet it's a horrible work environment for those that have to work around you.

Speaking of creating horrible enviroments for those around you thanks for adding nothing to discussion.

This is your coping mechanism as a spoiled privileged kid to assume everyone in the world who is struggling needs to be on meds and counseling.

As someone who holds down two jobs including one with spot, I am recognized as one of the best workers my store has. People who need meds and counseling don't work with the public in retail. \

People like you who were dismissed from your position in spot are the ones who obviously needed the meds and counseling and that is exactly why you are going to lose your case with the EEOC.
That must be quite a whiplash you've developed veering from accusations of toadyism to derision of perceived weaknesses.
Your diatribe against the mods indicates your own frustrations with leadership & I'm sure it's a horrible work environ for those who have to work around you.
Being 'recognized as one of the best workers your store has' doesn't say much about your store either.

I blew it and I'm sorry.
Static called me on making a diagnosis on someone and he was right.
It's not my place.
My only defense is that I was genuinely trying to be supportive.
My experiences came out of dealing with my epilepsy, my brain ain't wired like most folks.

Haven't been a kid for a long time, spoiled or otherwise.
I've always worked at whatever jobs were available and have often worked more than one.

This is however the last time I'll be crossing swords with you.
Like I said, if you can be cool, it's all good, otherwise ...

Last edited:
Being spoiled and privileged are not prerequisites to being in therapy or medicated. And people who are medicated and in therapy do, and can work retail. I hate when people talk shit about people who are working on their mental health. If your body is sick, you go to a doctor... same thing when you have a mental illness. Saying that someone needs meds and counseling as an insult, "nobleone," is offensive as hell to those of us who are in such a situation.

Source: I'm poor/underprivileged and I was in therapy and medicated for general anxiety that sort of leaned toward being social anxiety when I started working retail.

Yep, hit the limit....sick and tired of busting my balls trying to "go the extra inch", while the other techs sail along at a snails pace, can't do 1/10th of the work I do on a daily basis (either mentally OR physically), THEN get REWARDED for it!!! In the meantime, I'M the one getting "coached" because I failed to "meet my goal". Eff that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back