I'm just venting

I'm in a state where there's a stay at home mandate from 10 pm to 5 am. Doesn't look like its going away any time soon. So why does Target feel the need to close at 11 pm when nobody is supposed to be out???
😖

So do you need any note from employer to show if you gets pulled over for being out after 10pm?

Yes I thought that too. However, all residents are being encouraged to be in their homes from 10 pm on. So, if (and thats a mighty big if) people do what they are supposed to do, then no one is gonna be out and about shopping after 10.

You got new notes? I got one way back when. It's still in the car LOL. I don't think many people will listen. I think I'm from the same state or a neighboring one.
We got new copies of the old letter 🤣
I think it depends on the area. Last time this happened, we had very few people in the store after 7 pm. We shall see.

Our extended holiday hours. 11 next week and midnight closer to Christmas

Ah. Are all stores doing that? I haven't heard anything about hours changes, but communication of that sort isn't my store's strong suit (once they got rid of huddles. I miss huddles).

Ah. Are all stores doing that? I haven't heard anything about hours changes, but communication of that sort isn't my store's strong suit (once they got rid of huddles. I miss huddles).
Most stores are. I just got the email this morning that stores in my state are not extending past 10 pm.

I saw a sign that we are open until 11 on Black Friday, 8 on CE, 9 on NYE, so maybe we aren't moving to 11 overall.

Maybe because we now have overnight freight and that would cut into that? Our guests are pretty well conditioned to the 10pm close, and smaller Targets nearby have always closed at 10.

I've never felt it necessary to close at midnight on Saturdays, as we did in the before times. Nothing happens except obnoxious drunks after 10, anyway.

Hey corporate, why the hell are you implementing 7 AM to 11 PM holiday hours when there is a pandemic? Please don't spin the need to thin the herd of shoppers over increased hours. Simply put, this is BS! Of course the herd will come because the general public tends to be stupid, but it won't be at 7 AM or 9 PM. I know you've tried to make it safe for us, but YOU COULD DO MORE. When I see ETLs and TLs flagrantly not wearing a mask or not being overly concerned about TMs not wearing one when the store is closed, it is very disconcerting. I know you can't control this, but you do have access to the store's cameras. Further, don't you realize how crammed the fulfillment team is when packing. They are practically working on top of each other with social distancing being impossible. And for God's sake, send out a mandate to SDs to put an end to "smart huddles" where several TMs are forced by management to work in a small area pushing product.

Hey corporate, why the hell are you implementing 7 AM to 11 PM holiday hours when there is a pandemic? Please don't spin the need to thin the herd of shoppers over increased hours. Simply put, this is BS! Of course the herd will come because the general public tends to be stupid, but it won't be at 7 AM or 9 PM. I know you've tried to make it safe for us, but YOU COULD DO MORE. When I see ETLs and TLs flagrantly not wearing a mask or not being overly concerned about TMs not wearing one when the store is closed, it is very disconcerting. I know you can't control this, but you do have access to the store's cameras. Further, don't you realize how crammed the fulfillment team is when packing. They are practically working on top of each other with social distancing being impossible. And for God's sake, send out a mandate to SDs to put an end to "smart huddles" where several TMs are forced by management to work in a small area pushing product.
Well as my dad used to say money talks and bullshit walks.

I had heard we going 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM in December.

However the obviously moved it up which is why our HR ETL was doing the schedule at 8:00 PM this past Friday.

She had to run around and adjusted the schedule and there still isn't coverage for those hours.

Unfortunately another example of lack of communication just like the recent switch to doing most of our work through Workday which involved almost no warning and/or training.

I had heard we going 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM in December.

However the obviously moved it up which is why our HR ETL was doing the schedule at 8:00 PM this past Friday.

She had to run around and adjusted the schedule and there still isn't coverage for those hours.

Unfortunately another example of lack of communication just like the recent switch to doing most of our work through Workday which involved almost no warning and/or training.
We started 7am to 11pm today.

Website hasn't updated any hours at my store, yet I have been told it's 7-11. All of my hours in Kronos went from starting at 8 to starting at 7 and closers I know have been told they will be working until 11, but we have been told to follow the paper schedule. I am sooooo confused!!!!

Back