Archived I'm new, I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently got hired at Starbucks inside of Target last week, I signed the papers for the agreement and the lady said to bring two forms of identification. She also said they will call me for my orientation, so this Wednesday I got an email confirming my orientation for February 9th at 8:00 AM, but below that it said "
Please meet a Human Resources Team Member at the Please Wait for HR to confirm correct date of orientation. Thank You." So I called Thursday morning and the lady told me there was no problem with my background and they'll call me for orientation. Should I wait until they call me or should I just go to orientation on the 9th that email stated. Does it usually take this long? My friend that works at Target told me they usually take long because they're trying to figure out what hours to give for new employees, is this true?

The store you got hired at will set the orientation date according to when there's enough new employees to fill the room and when they can free up the HR-TL/ETL to do the orientation. It shouldn't take very long unless paperwork has not been cleared by corporate. Hours are determined and given to you after your orientation. The email sent out is probably done by corporate and is standard for all new employees, the store will call and confirm an orientation date with you, so just check up with them if you're worried.

Thank you so much for replying, I'm just really anxious to start since it'll be my first job.

Usually, they tell you to ignore the email because they may have to hold orientation on a different day. They will probably call you, but if you're concerned, you can call the store.

The guide will have to be updated since so much has changed so take the info on there with a grain of salt.
Basic drink recipes & cup marking are pretty standard, tho.
Once you start your training CoquiAzul, Xanatos, myself & others can answer questions for you.

thank you for the guide, it was very helpful. I'll save it on my phone for future references. Thank you again for all of you that have been giving me suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back