Archived im the market PA do as i say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have a PA who believe you have to store tomatoes in the cooler because it prevents them from going bad. in reality it makes the insides mealy. i thought i had won this battle with him, as the leadership agreed with me. now? here were are weeks later having this same issue AGAIN, and this time when he insisted that they be kept in the produce cooler, he said, "im the market PA you do as i say!" so i did but i told the leadership that he had to boast his title to get his way. ive never been so mad at spot in the 4, going on 5 years ive been with them. i tell you, this dude is disrespectful enough as it is, but now if he is dropping his badge to get his way ive had enough. tomorrow im going to my etl and asking to be removed from the FDC process. i dont clock in to be asked to do the wrong thing and most certainly dont clock into to be disrespected. dude has worked against me enough in getting that stockroom right. enough is enough.

oh the backroom AND flow TL are aware of his BS. the issue is the CTL, she protects him. and the ETL is just blows it off saying we need proof of what he is doing. so 2 TLs are complaining about this guy and it comes to stand still. ive personally gone to the CTL and theyve said "you just need to tough it out mister!"

Talk to your stl & hr on your concerns. Document all events.
My question is, since the tomatoes are in the cooler, doesn't make a temp factor now.
Steri-tech Has some say on it too.

oh the backroom AND flow TL are aware of his BS. the issue is the CTL, she protects him. and the ETL is just blows it off saying we need proof of what he is doing. so 2 TLs are complaining about this guy and it comes to stand still. ive personally gone to the CTL and theyve said "you just need to tough it out mister!"
For this particular issue, just talk to the backroom TMs (especially the TM who does the most work in the coolers). Just ask where the tomatoes go, and when they tell you the ambient room, tell them that someone keeps putting them in the cooler (no need to name names).

If your backroom team is half as passive aggressive as mine is, they will fix it and continue to fix it until confronted about it.

read this post this in your ambient room and on your produce cooler door

The-Chemistry-of-Tomatoes.png

also keep TPC'ing the tomatoes so they sell faster.
Then there will be no problem with them going bad fast.
oh and don't order so many,,,, only order what you need until the next truck delivery day.
They come in a case of 30, I know the BCODE says 22 but count them there are 30 in that case !!

Isn't there something on workbench that you can print to show the PA that they are going against best practice? No matter what role you're in, you can't go against policy like that especially with food. If they have to pull rank to get their way, they're not an effective leader.

For this particular issue, just talk to the backroom TMs (especially the TM who does the most work in the coolers). Just ask where the tomatoes go, and when they tell you the ambient room, tell them that someone keeps putting them in the cooler (no need to name names).

If your backroom team is half as passive aggressive as mine is, they will fix it and continue to fix it until confronted about it.

already been down this road and I am the backroom TM that works in there more than anyone else. i see its wrong. i fix it. he puts it right back to "his" way. address 3 TLS br, flow, and CTL only the first 2 really want to take action the ctl protects. in fact the flow and br TLs want him fired. he is an accuracy nightmare. but! since he is green for his accuracy they have no proof its him despite him admitting to pulling wrong and creating ghosts. the ETL claims he needs proof. which is hard to create.

read this post this in your ambient room and on your produce cooler door

The-Chemistry-of-Tomatoes.png

the last part in the left block explains its okay to refrigerate to prevent them from spoiling. i think he would use this to his advantage.

Isn't there something on workbench that you can print to show the PA that they are going against best practice? No matter what role you're in, you can't go against policy like that especially with food. If they have to pull rank to get their way, they're not an effective leader.

haha no one in the store likes him because he brags about his role and how much money he makes because of it. they made him the market trainer and now he's showing off his trainer badge saying its proof that he is going places. 9_9 the woman who works at starbucks and loves everyone, she says she cant stand him. she said he was a jerk but covered her mouth and said it really low. lol

this is the other end of the issue.
BRTM: hey PA, please stop leaving all your cardboard outside the ambient room, were not cleaning up after you.
PA: oh ok, im ill stop.
a week later
BRTM: Hey PA its great that your NOT leaving your trash outisde the ambient room, but leaving inside the ambient room isnt good either, please put it in the bailer.
PA: oh i just forgot.
then after the PAs shift is done and he is gone. a green market rack filled to gills with trash is left outside the ambient room.
BRTL: hey PA, you left all your trash on a rack, we have a rule you make you throw it out.
PA: okay, i was ina rush.
a few days pass ....
flow TL: yo! take your trash OUT!
PA oh no, at the end of my shift ill throw it all away.
flow TL: we have cages on the floor, you dont even need to bring to the backroom!
PA: oh ... there are cages? (there are 3 in market in the main walk way he passed all 3 on his way to pfresh and back to the BR) i didnt notice.
he uses the cages, but then leaves 1 cardboard box on each green rack.
the next day:
BRTM: are you saving these boxes for something?
PA no why?
BRTM: then throw them out im not cleaning up after you im not your mot---
PA ugh god why does it matter where i put my trash or who throws it out?! (and storms off in a hissy fit)

BRTM: hey PA, please stop leaving all your cardboard outside the ambient room, were not cleaning up after you.
PA: oh ok, im ill stop.
a week later
BRTM: Hey PA its great that your NOT leaving your trash outisde the ambient room, but leaving inside the ambient room isnt good either, please put it in the bailer.
PA: oh i just forgot.
then after the PAs shift is done and he is gone. a green market rack filled to gills with trash is left outside the ambient room.
BRTL: hey PA, you left all your trash on a rack, we have a rule you make you throw it out.
PA: okay, i was ina rush.
a few days pass ....
flow TL: yo! take your trash OUT!
PA oh no, at the end of my shift ill throw it all away.
flow TL: we have cages on the floor, you dont even need to bring to the backroom!
PA: oh ... there are cages? (there are 3 in market in the main walk way he passed all 3 on his way to pfresh and back to the BR) i didnt notice.
he uses the cages, but then leaves 1 cardboard box on each green rack.
the next day:
BRTM: are you saving these boxes for something?
PA no why?
BRTM: then throw them out im not cleaning up after you im not your mot---
PA ugh god why does it matter where i put my trash or who throws it out?! (and storms off in a hissy fit)

Sounds like my fellow PA... :rolleyes:

My PA is sort of like that. He's very bitter and unapproachable and he at one point really intimidated my TMs when they would walk into the dairy room to get milk. He would also put all of my refrigerated juices in a cart and leave them in room temperature in food Ave until I confronted him and asked him what was going on and why he was doing that. He quit acting like that real quick. His CTL doesn't like dealing with him and is kinda scared of him but oh well, he was affecting my team and my business so I let him know.

well this is how he orders tomatoes
Thurs: 4 comes in. 1 to the shelf 3 to back. orders 4 more.
Sat: 4 come in, .5 go up MAYBE ... 3 go to the back result in now 5 in the backroom. orders 4 more.
Tues: 4 come in 1 goes up. 3 to the back resulting in 6 in the backroom. the PA that day choses to order 0 to let it run out.
Thurs: 0 come, and the PA were talking about will freak out because the order was "too small". 5 cases in the back. orders 6 to compensate for small order.
Sat: the other PA works, looks at the pallet of produce and which most 80% goes to the backroom. 0 goes up we now have 10 in the back.

he likely threw his title out there so he could get his way, but also likely doesnt like that ive been a produce manage for a super market in the past, and known how to store the product, where as he, i dont think knows how or even how to ID bad fruit/veggies from good. but hey when something is close to its expire date, he at least puts a 50c off sticker on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back