Archived I'm transferring to a new store soon, but not for reason(s) that you may think....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am transferring to a new store this coming weekend. Though, the store that I am transferring to is closer to my home, I really like the store that I am currently working at 20 miles away. The reason that I am transferring is because a TM who just transferred from another store called me racial slur at the truck line. I am Latino, he's African-American. I brought my complaint to my TL who then forward it to the overnight ETL, that's where things were going down hill from there, the incident happened a month or so ago. The overnight ETL heard my side of the story about what happened, after he heard my story. He told me that the TM was in his words "only joking" that he never meant it as an insult. Apparently, the ETL agreed with the TM's statement(s) because he tried to down play the situation by saying that the TM wasn't serious he told me to move forward and basically forget about it.
Realizing that ETL didn't do nothing, I went to HR to make my complaint. The HR took my statement, but I knew there was something wrong because she never gave a document to make a written complaint and she wrote the incident on a blank sheet of paper.

She told me she didn't have any complaint documents. Yet, she took my statement and told me that she would take care of it. Days passed since my meeting with the HR which I thought it was over until I saw her, she told me that she talked to both of the overnight ETL's and the TM and "warned" them not to do it again. I later learned that she allowed the TM stay in the store and there was no sanction against him. The HR did not do anything. After what the HR did (or didn't) with the TM. I made the decision to transfer another store because of those events. The guy received no punishment what so ever. It was clear that I would not be co-exist with the same guy who called me a racial slur and worst of all, the ETL and the HR failed miserably. I worked for this store for 4 years only to be forced to transfer out due to the ineptitude of the current management (ETL and HR). Leaving disappointed and bitter from this Target and transferring to a new store closer to my home. Is there a way I could ask corporate to investigate the store that I am currently working? Or will I leave it at that?

I'm guessing your best bet would be to call the cooperate hotline. I hate to say this though but I doubt cooperate would be willing to spend resources over a small incident like this.

I'm guessing your best bet would be to call the cooperate hotline. I hate to say this though but I doubt cooperate would be willing to spend resources over a small incident like this.

First of all, they don't have to tell you what they did or didn't do with that TM! He could have been put on a Final Warning, but they do not have to tell you about it! Target has strict HR guidelines on how to handle these situations, and guides on Workbench on what to fill out and how to phrase everything correctly! I would guess that the ETL-HR found the form and probably even checked with the HRBP... Just because you don't know any specifics doesn't mean they didn't do anything!

Target doesn't have to punish the person just because you think so.

Your store could have just given the TM a stern documented warning. They don't have to put the person on corrective action or terminated. And Rock is correct they don't have to tell you any specifics.

The above posters are correct. When I filed for sexual harassment, I didn't have to fill anything out myself, and I didn't hear the exact consequences of what happened to the TM (I was sincerely thinking it would be termination, given the severity, but it wasn't). My ETL and TLs were nice enough to make sure he was kept away from me, but I'm sure they're not required to do that. Regardless, though he was able to keep his job, life was made uncomfortable for him at Spot and he quit a few months after the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back