Archived Impossible to get fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing wrong with TL and family members (TM) working in the same store, they just aren't supposed to be directly reporting to each other. So a Salesfloor TL and a cashier could be family members with no conflicts.

My attendance was shoddy a few weeks ago because of my other (lower paying, but consistent hours) job. I was never spoken to. I was calling out at least once a week. Eventually, I stopped trying to do every other weekend because they kept scheduling me the wrong one and just told them I could only work weekend mornings.

The only way you're going to get fired from target, outside of stealing is that they want to fire you. Attendance will be overlooked, attitude will be ignored until they don't want you and then they will coach you out.

If you're liked by your co workers and do a decent job you'll never get fired.

Even with my past of lateness, I wouldn't stay late because of a consistently 30min+ late person. There was a period where NJTransit was at peak levels of lateness. I'd take into account whether I'd be on time if the bus was up to 20 minutes late before deciding which bus to take and it still wasn't enough leeway. I assume many people complained (I sent so many complaints lol) because a bunch of drivers were replaced. This tangent is relevant, I swear... I thought I was going to lose my job because of the bus thing. I didn't, though. Got two warnings and I eventually started coming to work earlier than the 20 minutes I used to shoot for. I also learned which times the bus is more likely to be closer to the scheduled time. I think they could tell I was making effort to fix the situation though.. And also I'm well liked and good at my job. I think if I were none of those things, they would have termed me swiftly.

Sorry for the bump but I figured this was in area I need to talk about

Over the past 3 weeks, a fellow market team member has called out and or NCNC at least 10 times that I know of. Four of those that I know of was in a span of 1 work week. For that week, his reasoning for not being at work was not feeling well. When I asked him the next time a saw him (that Sunday) if he went to the doctors, he said he refused because he hates going to the doctors. To me, if you cant go to work for more than 2 days, go to the doctors. Unless you are paying the penatly, everyone should have health insurence.What is funny, another co worker said he got another job instead of being sick. What is even more funny, about a month ago, he called out on an opening p fresh shift on a Saturday. When he came in on Sunday, he tells me he didnt come in because his flight from vegas was delayed (FYI, he previously worked that past Thursday morning). But another co worker saw him and wife at a bowling ally the Friday night before his early Saturday shift, drinking.

When I saw him this past Sunday, my co worker tells me he is going to quit after his shift without giving notice because he now has a new job. He told me he didnt give notice because of how they were treating him. He also tells me that same day he was put on final notice. I am not sure if he actually told anyone he quit but he didnt show up for yet another opening p fresh opening shift (630am-230pm) Thursday shift. This would be the third week in a row with no p fresh opener.

Yet, I look at my schedule for the week of the 20th and my schedule is my normal schedule as if he was scheduled. I know this because we only have 4 total people who can work p fresh. So if my schedule, according to what is found on (https://seclogin.target.com/securit...TARGET=$SM$http://wss.target.com/selfservice/), then either whomever is making my p fresh schedule doesnt know he is gone or he just up and quit.

The funniest thing is, not once has HR or any ETL called me in early or given us help when this team member hasnt shown up. 99% of the time, they didnt tell me didnt show up.

End rant.

there is always the possibility the TM calls in most of the time. You are getting extra hours and I would take it. I am sure you will enjoy the pay checks that are coming because of this TMs choices.

there is always the possibility the TM calls in most of the time. You are getting extra hours and I would take it. I am sure you will enjoy the pay checks that are coming because of this TMs choices.

Actually, no one is getting any extra hours. Not once have they given us help or called anyone in early when this person didnt show up. Not that it matters me getting more hours, I still get 36 hours a week.

Here's how it goes...
Team member must be late three times before FIRST write up.
Team member must be late ANOTHER three times before second write up.
Team member must be late an additional three times before third writeup.

That's nine times. Then the team member has another three times before FINAL writeup. If they are late again, they can be fired. The paperwork and followup is absolutely ridiculous.

There are other factors, but this is the 'by the book" method that was explained to me. No Call No Shows can be fired on their fourth time if they haven't shown up for work or called within that time.

This is correct, it takes a while before someone gets fired for attendance. To make it worst, this is done in a monthly basis. Suppose a team member was late/absent excessively for 1 month, that would be the first write up (coaching). Second month, the team member does the same thing, that would go into a corrective action and the team member would then be watched for 6 months. On the third consecutive month, and the team member is still doing the same behavior, this will then go to a final warning and the team member would then be watched for 12 months. The fourth month, and the team member still does the same behavior, then thats when you get fired. So as you can see, this is a very lengthy process, the earliest a team member can get fired for attendance would be 4 months of repeated late and absences. Only way that a team member can get fired the fastest, in terms of attendance, is for the team member to No Call No Show for three consecutive days. This would be considered as job abandonment.

GSA (who is always late) is guest services this morning called 7 min after the start of her shift to say she'd be ten minutes late. No shit. She finally shows up 15 minutes late, with a soda that she apparently had time to stop for at McDonald's. I am so annoyed she is always allowed to get away with this shit.

I snarkily asked her, "delayed at the drive thru?" I don't think she got it as she just said "no" to me.

How anyone can be so self centered and so careless is beyond me.

This is correct, it takes a while before someone gets fired for attendance. To make it worst, this is done in a monthly basis. Suppose a team member was late/absent excessively for 1 month, that would be the first write up (coaching). Second month, the team member does the same thing, that would go into a corrective action and the team member would then be watched for 6 months. On the third consecutive month, and the team member is still doing the same behavior, this will then go to a final warning and the team member would then be watched for 12 months. The fourth month, and the team member still does the same behavior, then thats when you get fired. So as you can see, this is a very lengthy process, the earliest a team member can get fired for attendance would be 4 months of repeated late and absences. Only way that a team member can get fired the fastest, in terms of attendance, is for the team member to No Call No Show for three consecutive days. This would be considered as job abandonment.

Wow. Well then, since this is the case, then my store should at least get us help when this TM of mine doesnt show up. I dont understand how they could not give p frsh the help they need when TMs dont show up. The morning cull, SDA, filling and cleaning tasks dont get done by a computer, PEOPLE do this my ETL team. GAH

Sorry for the bump but I figured this was in area I need to talk about

Over the past 3 weeks, a fellow market team member has called out and or NCNC at least 10 times that I know of. Four of those that I know of was in a span of 1 work week. For that week, his reasoning for not being at work was not feeling well. When I asked him the next time a saw him (that Sunday) if he went to the doctors, he said he refused because he hates going to the doctors. To me, if you cant go to work for more than 2 days, go to the doctors. Unless you are paying the penatly, everyone should have health insurence.What is funny, another co worker said he got another job instead of being sick. What is even more funny, about a month ago, he called out on an opening p fresh shift on a Saturday. When he came in on Sunday, he tells me he didnt come in because his flight from vegas was delayed (FYI, he previously worked that past Thursday morning). But another co worker saw him and wife at a bowling ally the Friday night before his early Saturday shift, drinking.

When I saw him this past Sunday, my co worker tells me he is going to quit after his shift without giving notice because he now has a new job. He told me he didnt give notice because of how they were treating him. He also tells me that same day he was put on final notice. I am not sure if he actually told anyone he quit but he didnt show up for yet another opening p fresh opening shift (630am-230pm) Thursday shift. This would be the third week in a row with no p fresh opener.

Yet, I look at my schedule for the week of the 20th and my schedule is my normal schedule as if he was scheduled. I know this because we only have 4 total people who can work p fresh. So if my schedule, according to what is found on (https://seclogin.target.com/securitybrokerage/forms/login.fcc?TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-4d826ebd-df65-4d76-acb4-49dec0b3e088&GUID=&SMAUTHREASON=0&METHOD=GET&SMAGENTNAME=$SM$QwaYGZx7j/Fwmh0UCdxu5UEJWzEuiWp0tdvtI4kyE6r6oZ2zqpx2CY+YQSG/E2Es&TARGET=$SM$http://wss.target.com/selfservice/), then either whomever is making my p fresh schedule doesnt know he is gone or he just up and quit.

The funniest thing is, not once has HR or any ETL called me in early or given us help when this team member hasnt shown up. 99% of the time, they didnt tell me didnt show up.

End rant.

Me get fired? That's unpossible!

GSA (who is always late) is guest services this morning called 7 min after the start of her shift to say she'd be ten minutes late. No shit. She finally shows up 15 minutes late, with a soda that she apparently had time to stop for at McDonald's. I am so annoyed she is always allowed to get away with this shit.

I snarkily asked her, "delayed at the drive thru?" I don't think she got it as she just said "no" to me.

How anyone can be so self centered and so careless is beyond me.

This is me, sometimes. If I'm already late, I might as well be not hungry. I call before I'm even scheduled if I'm running late though because I'm only ever late because NJTransit. My store's leadership has gotten so bad that none of us care about anything target related. If anyone's late, no one cares except when that person is supposed to cover your break when they get in. The woman who relieves me from my weekly fitting room partial shift is always late (well she clocks in within the 5 minutes, but then she scrutinizes the grid and break schedule, signs out equipment, picks up reshop) so I just leave before she gets there. I'm not self centered. I'm just jaded about this job. I try not to do anything that will bother my team. They're all okay with me smuggling mcdoubles onto the floor.

For those wondering, that TM was not fired (yet) but apparently he is on emergency 2 week leave. Has anyone heard of an emergency 2 week leave/LOA?

I know there is a chance something happened but I dont believe it because I know this TM is a bull$hitter. A few examples, 1: You tell me you couldnt come on time because your flight from vegas was delayed. So after a shift ending at 230pm, you "go to vegas" for a day and you dont schedule your flight to return before your scheduled 630am. But then a few TM said told me they saw him bowling the night before his shift. They said he was drinking. Example 2: This TM called/NCNS for a weeks worth of shifts. He said he was sick but when I asked if he went to the doctors, he said he hates going to the doctors. If you are so sick to the point where you cant go to work for a week, you need to go to some doctor (whether you can afford it or not).

When I get sick for a few days with a cold or the flu I see no point in going to the doctor. There is not much a doctor can do for you, mine just tells me to get some rest and drink fluids. It's a waste of time and money to go unless somthing is really wrong.

Do a few NCNS and bye bye you go........ We have had several NCNS and bye bye they went. One or two is okay but anymore than that you better believe they will let you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back