Archived in August my store...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't heard anything about this coming to my store. Even if we start it though it won't affect me very much, my availability is only until midnight anyway so I'd just be heading out at close rather than an hour after close.

The way I understood the information was that stores will be staying open later based on sales and a few other things, doesn't matter if it's a super or not. We will be staying open until 12 Friday and Saturday and 11 sunday. Having anything the next morning is going to be hard to wake up for!

This is being implemented on a store-by-store basis, based on sales. Will depend on how busy sales are later in the day. My district has stores that close at 10 during the week and others that close at 11 or 12.

Even during fourth quarter our sales fall off a cliff after 9pm. We had days in the week leading up to Christmas when we didn't have a single transaction after 11pm.

That's what I was wondering.

My fear is that my store could be part of this...we are constantly chasing people out at 10pm...who are these people who want to stay in the store after close...and why don't they want to leave like the rest of us normal people!

Yup, my store is moving to 11 PM closing in August. Everyone is pissed.

Now you all should ask your leadership if your stores will get any additional payroll to stay open later and see what they say.

Ours is moving to midnight but they haven't confirmed the extra hr for Starbux.
If it's ONLY Starbux, I will scream, beg & claw my way back to FA only.

I am fine with this if they remove hourly TMs after store close instead of permitting 1 hour after close like they do now. I mean if you have stores scheduling TMs to midnight currently, it should just stay open as you are already staffing TMs to be there.

We haven't had anyone stay beyond close besides the LOD and GSTL/GSA in months (save for Saturdays when maybe someone is scheduled an extra half hour).

Haven't heard anything about this in my store yet :/
TBH, as much as I would despise staying an hour late, it'd be nice for my town.. It would slow down enough between 1015 and 11 that we'd have more time to close everything down and recover the store with less distractions

I will say when our store went to the 11pm close a couple years ago, no actually told us.. We found out from angry guests who were pounding on the doors. We then checked Target.com and yeah! Great! What?. We got the door signs and other things a couple weeks after the change.. So for the people who haven't heard anything, its not just you and your store..

We always have people walking in our store and grabbing shopping carts at 9:55 pm. A lot of people dont even realize we close at 10. By the time we do close, we have one lane open and a million people in line. An extra hour would probably be good for our store, but i have heard nothing about it

They made the announcement at morning huddle a couple weeks ago and even the tls couldn't try to spin it in a positive light. Our store starts dying at 8 pm and is a ghost town by 9 so hopefully it'll just give us time to actually zone something before going home for the night.

Of course, given how they staff they'll just use it as an excuse to cut the closing crew in half cause "You have an extra hour to zone everything now!"

All you people moving to 10/11 are making me jealous. When I first started, I was a minor and couldn't work past 9:15 and the store closed at 10pm 9pm Sundays. Five years ago we went to 11pm and 10pm Sundays. Now I hear in August we will be 12am/11pm Sundays which means when I am closing LOD I will be in the store until 1am at the earliest. I would rather kill myself with a rusty fork than do that. My store and another AAA store will be switching. Good bye any regular sleep pattern or social life!

Yes we will be open till 11 pm Monday thru saturday and Sunday till 10 pm that is one hour longer than normal This will make a clopen suck even more. If I work till 11:30 pm and have to be back at 6am that will just be the killer for me.

Good lord they just like making everything more hellish don't they? I always got stuck clopening at least twice a week. It was awful. Yeah I sometimes work til midnight at work now, but I'm never scheduled early the next morning. I either close again or have off. Yeah my sleep pattern is a little wonky cause I often don't fall asleep til 1 or 2 am and get up around 10 or 11, but still. At least I'm actually able to get sleep.
I will never forget my TL complaining about doing a clopen Saturday/Sunday, so working til 11 and then being back at 6 am. I looked right at him and said "I don't want to hear it. I do it all the damn time" and he just looked shocked for a second and then looked down at the ground and said "oh yeah...guess you do"
I had so much fun during my last 2 weeks haha

I'm pretty sure this is just due to BTS... I received word of it through email about BTS hours beginning August 3rd.... So I assume there may have been poor communication leading to people thinking it was permanent. And not ALL stores will reflect changes in their hours due to BTS. Just stores that are busy with BTS (such as mine which is across the rode from a University of 30k+ students)...

I'm pretty sure this is just due to BTS... I received word of it through email about BTS hours beginning August 3rd.... So I assume there may have been poor communication leading to people thinking it was permanent. And not ALL stores will reflect changes in their hours due to BTS. Just stores that are busy with BTS (such as mine which is across the rode from a University of 30k+ students)...
The key thing for me is, then, that I'm used to extended hours after Thanksgiving, not beginning in BTS. I really hope it is only for a brief time, with us going back to normal hours until the holiday season.

So I just found out that we ARE staying open later; just on Saturday and Sunday, though. Sun-Fri we're open till 10pm and Saturday we're open till 11pm.

Mine is only affecting Saturday and Sundays too, except midnight Saturdays and now 11pm Sunday-Friday.

No one is happy and a bunch of cashiers are boasting how they'll change their availability to avoid it. Our ETL is usually good at honoring time off and availability changes, but I'm really hoping he does no such thing this time.

My store was one of the test stores for staying open later (almost five years ago now, sheesh. Originally my store was 8am-10pm, now it's 8am-11pm) I guess things went swimmingly enough for them to roll it out chain-wide? Although I haven't heard about extended hours for BTS- it wouldn't be surprising if we're staying open later though. Considering our location between two somewhat popular universities. (One being known for being it's ghetto parties, the other being known as an institution of higher learning :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back