Archived In-Stocks: Grey dots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had fixed toothpaste endcap on the way out of tsc, because I didn't like seeing tubes of toothpaste knock down for more than 2 weeks. I did 2 shelves of fixing it. Somebody noticed it & did the base deck:)

Cause POG fills don't look or know what actually sells..

Nor do they know what's on the shelf. It is crazy in this day and age that when we tie a pog and the batch fills that it can't correlate with what is already on those shelves. We backstock way more merch than we should, I think. Why isn't Target's database of our store inventory smarter?

Takes the same amount of time to push freight to the right location, than it does to just shove it anywhere. Once you get that fixed, things will go slightly better. Salesfloor also needs to make sure things are in order. At my store they just make sure it's facing forward and pulled to the front.

The point I'm trying to make is what happens when you have freight to push but that spot is filled with the wrong item(Item B). You first have to move "B" into the correct spot. The correct spot has another item (Item C) that is also in the wrong place - now you have TWO additional spaces you have to fix before you can even start to push the original freight.

The sales floor doesn't have enough hours to zone properly, all they can do is pull things forward & make things look presentable at best.

Another problem is that sometimes when shelves are bare, people will be told to spread the inventory out to makes the shelves look fuller. No consideration for prices or for what happens when the correct stock actually arrives. It might look nicer for the customer but WTH? lol

All I'm saying is that if people don't have enough time to do the job properly & the leaders are pressed to meet time goals - things get out of hand very quickly.

I started sticking them on the ad signs.. I left them half off so you could just peel it back off but it was very easily seen.

And what happens when there is already a grey dot there & a sign has to go up? Answer: The sign goes up right on top of the grey dot!

These new signs killed the grey dots more than anything else.

And what happens when there is already a grey dot there & a sign has to go up? Answer: The sign goes up right on top of the grey dot!

These new signs killed the grey dots more than anything else.

Sometimes the ad sign is only staying on the shelf cause of the grey dot cause they fall off if you walk by and breeze blows..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back