In store temperature while wearing a mask.

I am in a state where mask wearing is mandatory. This past week is also the first time it's been warm outside. I typically think it's warm in our store in the summer but it has been unbearable with the mask on. I find myself taking it off to breathe and being less productive as I can't constantly move without have to stop to get air.

Does anyone else think it would be especially reasonable in these times to turn the temperature down on the AC. I understand during normal circumstances they want it to be comfortable for the guests but right now is different.

I think it's completely reasonable and I hope stores will do that. It should've been something TPTB thought of and implemented on their own, but I suppose that's asking too much, lol. Sometimes people have to keep complaining until something gets done. I get flushed quickly and I'm not looking forward to working in the heat wearing a mask.

Talk to your store's leadership about the AC temps. Also, I've learned that different masks have hugely different characteristics, including heat retention and breathability. My store's TMs wear all different kinds of face coverings, including the ones provided for us. We're all figuring out what works best.

Our store always runs hot (year round) but especially in the summer. They have always insisted that corporate controls the AC and there is nothing they can do. On top of that we have rolling summer hours where they either turn off the AC or keep it at a minimum per county and electric company something or other regulations- the whole shopping center is on the same schedule.

Our break room has always been far hotter than the rest of our store. Can't help but feel like that's on purpose, our PML has tried to get it fixed to no avail.

its even worse being a cart attendant outside in 90 degrees plus with a mask... i dont understand why i need a mask when im outside pushing carts, its a bit rough outside at 90+ also i have asthma so that makes it even worse..

Our break room has always been far hotter than the rest of our store. Can't help but feel like that's on purpose, our PML has tried to get it fixed to no avail.
Same. Before the masks, I would always get goosebumps as soon as I left TSC.

My store has always felt warm to me, as I seem to always be breaking into a sweat an hour or two into my shift. It could also be related to my CP though. What able-bodied people can do in two steps takes me three, but I get things done. Still, this is why the cleaning procedures drive me somewhat bonkers. My leaders are all, "You gotta go, go, go. Quick, clean after every guest!" And I'm over here in my head thinking: "I'm doing my best and doing it how it best works for me. I'm not The Flash, but I'll get it done, so shush!" Lol.

Back