Answered Inappropriate comments from leadership.

Reshop Ninja

Softlines Dps
Is there anyone I can talk to in a dm regarding what can be done about a member of leadership making inappropriate comments to female team members as well some other very concerning behaviour?

Last edited:
Is there anyone I can talk to in a dm regarding what can be done about a member of leadership making inappropriate comments to female team members as well some other very concerning behaviour?
HR, asap. If you don’t feel comfortable, HOTLINE!!!! This is exactly what the hotline is for.

HR, asap. If you don’t feel comfortable, HOTLINE!!!! This is exactly what the hotline is for.
The problem is that I don't know if hr or the hotline would be viable in this situation. I'm sorry for being cryptic but what I have going in my store involves people high enough on the food chain that makes me cautious about what I post.

Last edited:
If you can call the hotline without giving them information that your store could trace back to you, and you don’t trust your HR, the hotline may be your only choice. If the offender said something that was overheard by numerous people, you may be o.k. telling the hotline. If only you and one other person heard it, your odds of being found out are pretty high. If you do call, don’t talk about what you heard with anyone in the store, or word might get back to leadership about your concerns, which would definitely not be good for you. Good luck!

There are all kinds of levels of inappropriate comments. Please makes sure the person knows that you dislike the comments instead of smiling and saying nothing. I bet a yooooo buddy or buddette you are being inappropriate would stop it immediately. These TM that giggle around with it while the stuff is being said then be all offended later and get the person fired is bullshit!

Last edited:
I had a similar situation at my store about an Style TL making inappropriate comments about TMs. Unfortunately a lot of those young kids quit before reporting him.

Someone from Style had me go talk to the SD for her. The SD took it seriously because I don't work in the department at all.

This TL left shortly afterward for "medical reasons" so I think he was asked to resign or get fired.

I would if it wasn't for the fact that it's our sd doing this.
Find a friend outside of Target, type up a script for them to read & make that hotline call.
You can take questions for the friend to answer (mute the phone or write out answers) but find someone whose voice they wouldn't recognize, preferably different gender.

When you call the hotline they record you. Your HR will be able to listen to it and most likely know your voice. Our HR let a few of us listen to one when the HR was newish to figure out the voice.

I called the hotline once, but gave my name. I had already tried traditional avenues of getting the issue fixed. I didn't realize they let the store listen to a recording of the convo, though.

If you're not comfortable talking to HR at your store, you can report to the integrity hotline without calling or using email.

Go here...

click on "report" on the top right. The form will ask a few questions regarding the situation. It will also ask you a couple times if you want to leave contact info. You don't have to. You will receive a report number that you can use to follow up on the situation or add any details as needed.

Last edited:
I would if it wasn't for the fact that it's our sd doing this.
You can talk to your ETL-HR if you feel comfortable doing so, and he/she will contact your HRBP if it's a matter regarding your store director. If you are not comfortable talking to your ETL-HR, ask your HR team member for your HRBP's contact info, and call him/her to request a meeting or a chat over the phone regarding what's going on. If this is happening to you, it is surely happening to others, and it is in the best interest of you and your fellow team members to get the situation resolved! If you are not comfortable having a conversation with your ETL-HR or HRBP, then the target integrity hotline is your best bet, but you will need substantiated evidence that this is happening, so unfortunately being anonymous may not work out. They will ask you for specific times/dates, what was said, and who it was said to; in order to launch a proper investigation. This cannot really be done if you and the other team members want to stay anonymous, trust me. I know you are probably scared of retaliation, but it is worth it to ensure the comfort and safety of you and your peers. Target takes these concerns really seriously.

My personal knowledge of the hotline- nothing happens just makes an awkward conversation with anyone important involved. So basically have facts and witnesses just don't be like " My TL says my ass is juicy" Be like on Tuesday May 5th while I was in the stockroom. My TL approached me about my 1 for 1s. He saw me bend over and was like " your but is so juicy" I asked him to stop and he said " whatever" I told my ETL on May 6th. She told me that she was going to have a conversation with HR over this. Basically give them a reason to investigate. Anyone involved will be questioned and if its legitimately happening. It will stop...

You can talk to your ETL-HR if you feel comfortable doing so, and he/she will contact your HRBP if it's a matter regarding your store director. If you are not comfortable talking to your ETL-HR, ask your HR team member for your HRBP's contact info, and call him/her to request a meeting or a chat over the phone regarding what's going on. If this is happening to you, it is surely happening to others, and it is in the best interest of you and your fellow team members to get the situation resolved! If you are not comfortable having a conversation with your ETL-HR or HRBP, then the target integrity hotline is your best bet, but you will need substantiated evidence that this is happening, so unfortunately being anonymous may not work out. They will ask you for specific times/dates, what was said, and who it was said to; in order to launch a proper investigation. This cannot really be done if you and the other team members want to stay anonymous, trust me. I know you are probably scared of retaliation, but it is worth it to ensure the comfort and safety of you and your peers. Target takes these concerns really seriously.
If it’s about SD they should never go to etl hr, go straight to hrpb or even dtl

If it’s about SD they should never go to etl hr, go straight to hrpb or even dtl
Your ETL-HR can definitely help you bridge a communication gap between you and your HRBP though - if you can trust them that is!! At a previous store I worked at our ETL-HR wasn’t buddy buddy with our SD so it worked out because she would help team members contact the HRBP if they felt it was necessary :)

Your ETL-HR can definitely help you bridge a communication gap between you and your HRBP though - if you can trust them that is!! At a previous store I worked at our ETL-HR wasn’t buddy buddy with our SD so it worked out because she would help team members contact the HRBP if they felt it was necessary :)
Most certainly. However if this involves and SD it should go to higher up and not to the Etl-hr who pretty much is at the hands of sd even tho they have an hrpb

The problem is that I don't know if hr or the hotline would be viable in this situation. I'm sorry for being cryptic but what I have going in my store involves people high enough on the food chain that makes me cautious about what I post.
Are there witnesses to any of this behavior? I'm not questioning whether it happened, just wondering if there's anyone you can rely on to back you up. My former TL would sometimes call me by inappropriate "nicknames" but it wasn't until he did it in front of an ETL that I felt like I could speak up about it AND something would be done about it. It would have been a he said-she said thing, and he made his metrics so his story would have been believed over mine. (The ETL took him aside immediately and the nicknames stopped immediately. I was fortunate that it wasn't worse than just inappropriate nicknames.)
But if there's someone who's heard or if you can record it on your phone, you'll have evidence. And I agree with keeping a "just the facts" record of what's done or said with dates, times, and locations.

Back