Inbound TL Advice

I get that ours are right but inbound shouldn’t be the one to short staff from . I would actively seeking out to hr and sd to make it a priority having a full staff with inbound you could support the store even more that way. I think you should give him a run for his/her money and say schedule me 5 sorters and let me show you just how much we can accomplish . That will give the dbos times to do their zone and 141 while you guys support with push. Inbound team is only schedule 4.5 hours at my store double and triples . 2400-2500 is done within 2h. I never need to extend to finish the trucks . However I’m always asking to extend them to support with push. I had a canceled truck this week and when the dbos for p2 showed up all they had to do was their reshop zone and 141.because truck was pushed by inbound .
I’m jealous that you can unload a 2500 piece trailer in 2 hours. To add, 2 to 3 trailers a day?! That sounds crazy. My goodness your store has to be $80+ mil. It sounds like you’re doing a solid job especially with all these trailers and a fast sort as well.

I’m jealous that you can unload a 2500 piece trailer in 2 hours. To add, 2 to 3 trailers a day?! That sounds crazy. My goodness your store has to be $80+ mil. It sounds like you’re doing a solid job especially with all these trailers and a fast sort as well.
85$+ with an off-site . But then again I’m not being short staffed and inbound is just that inbound . It wasn’t like that in the beginning unload use to take 8 hours and I was like it can be done better . If I have a triple I do 2 trucks at once . Then break then the third truck . It took about a week for me to get it to that timeline . However I did lose some people when I started . But things got better the inbound started to see the whys behind everything that was asked to do .

I think I might have the only store where the inbound team do not have work centers and are only unload
My store is like that. Inbound team isn’t in a dedicated workcenter, wherever the store needs help in push. Only the bulk/unloader is somewhat dedicated to paper since he deals with the paper pallets but he’s not a DBO.

So not much changed if you have to spend the entire time with them to get that unload goal.
How did you manage to leave the inbound team without the TL? 5 sorters, unloader, and TL at the start of the line has been the staple at our store. I think with 5 bays on the line at a $85 million store

Last edited:
I don’t think many stores have inbound only that I see on here . But then again when I hear about down days in in shock because I don’t know what that feels like .
Inbound tl1 owns Plano , truck and seasonal, inbound tl2 owns truck and toys , gm1 tl1 own otc, hba, hbo baby Hardlines ., p1 gmtl2 owns pets paper chem and plastics. Gm2 tl1 owns beds bath, gm2 tl2 own b block , gm3 owns furniture , h&h and home decor. Entertainment has its own tl .
And inbound is just that inbound double trucks and triples . So it would be impossible to have them as dbos since they are only schedule 4.75 h
That many team leaders, and one in Entertainment? Man leave some for the rest of the Target stores why don't you...

I don’t think many stores have inbound only that I see on here . But then again when I hear about down days in in shock because I don’t know what that feels like .
Inbound tl1 owns Plano , truck and seasonal, inbound tl2 owns truck and toys , gm1 tl1 own otc, hba, hbo baby Hardlines ., p1 gmtl2 owns pets paper chem and plastics. Gm2 tl1 owns beds bath, gm2 tl2 own b block , gm3 owns furniture , h&h and home decor. Entertainment has its own tl .
And inbound is just that inbound double trucks and triples . So it would be impossible to have them as dbos since they are only schedule 4.75 h
A TL for just entertainment? With all those TLs, that's some mighty crazy misbalancing of ownership. Nuts lol

Back