Archived ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI fellow targetians, back again for help regarding inventory. The 3rd party team that scans and count everything will be in my freezer back room soon. Is it possible for them to scan the Waco backroom location and recieve the item counts for all items in a particular waco?example: 3 popsicles and 2 eggrolls in 1 waco with the location key : 02F 002d25... when the inventory is here will they just be able to scan the 02f002d25 and recive the counts of both 3 popsicle and egrols in thier systeM. ahh k thxx * runs around frantically:

No, as their job (regardless of how well they do it..) is to validate our on hands. If they scanned the location label and got the DPCIs and quantities they would just be trusting our OHs. They'll scan the location label, then an item, then the quantity of that item, then keep scanning items and entering quantities until they've done everything in that location. Then they move on to the next one.

RGIS actually doesn't have any way of telling what our system "thinks" is in each location. They just count what they see.

RGIS screws up the counts. Don't trust them. After inventory, I did RFID scans. By "coincidence" the extras (items in the store that our inventory didn't think we had) was almost exactly the number of items missing. That means they counted 4 Large shirts for example and 0 Mediums, but actually there were 2 L & 2 M, causing an extra of 2 L & missing 2 M.

I thought that was significant, my ETL told me not to worry about it, that's just the way it is.

RGIS screws up the counts. Don't trust them. After inventory, I did RFID scans. By "coincidence" the extras (items in the store that our inventory didn't think we had) was almost exactly the number of items missing. That means they counted 4 Large shirts for example and 0 Mediums, but actually there were 2 L & 2 M, causing an extra of 2 L & missing 2 M.

I thought that was significant, my ETL told me not to worry about it, that's just the way it is.
Unfortunately, your ETL was kind of right. If a glaring, persistent error like that is caught during inventory, you can totally make RGIS go back and count again. And during the night of inventory there are randomly generated audits, where store teams audit locations that RGIS counted and have the ability to change them (and if it's a large enough deviation, the RGIS team will go back and audit your audit). But after the night of inventory, besides mentioning it on the post-audit survey or reaching out to Inventory Reconciliation, there's not a whole lot that can be done. I suppose if you reached out far enough up the AP/ops chain you might be able to make something happen, but I've never heard of it.

HI fellow targetians, back again for help regarding inventory. The 3rd party team that scans and count everything will be in my freezer back room soon. Is it possible for them to scan the Waco backroom location and recieve the item counts for all items in a particular waco?example: 3 popsicles and 2 eggrolls in 1 waco with the location key : 02F 002d25... when the inventory is here will they just be able to scan the 02f002d25 and recive the counts of both 3 popsicle and egrols in thier systeM. ahh k thxx * runs around frantically:
If you’re there during inventory night you’ll see them, they go through and scan each location and then physically pick up each item in that location and scan it. For closed case backstock, they just scan the location and then scan the little barcode and then key in whatever the quantity on the box is. They don’t go by our number of on hands or anything, they just do whatever is in front of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back