Archived Inconsistent Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super frustrated. So, I requested 1 day off a while ago and the new schedule with that day just posted and I’m scheduled for that day and one other. Like are you for real? Seeing as hours are down anyway and everyone wants hours you figure they would honor pretty much all requests during this time. I’m not the only one this happened to as well.

Super frustrated. So, I requested 1 day off a while ago and the new schedule with that day just posted and I’m scheduled for that day and one other. Like are you for real? Seeing as hours are down anyway and everyone wants hours you figure they would honor pretty much all requests during this time. I’m not the only one this happened to as well.
Sounds like we have the same ETL-HR doing our schedules. I swear, a chimpanzee throwing their feces at a grid of TM's names and various times could make a schedule better than our sorority sister cheerleader.

Sounds like we have the same ETL-HR doing our schedules. I swear, a chimpanzee throwing their feces at a grid of TM's names and various times could make a schedule better than our sorority sister cheerleader.

Doesn't it make you wonder why they, almost 100%, require a degree for these positions? Damn, I can walk around and yell 30 seconds a box.

OMG! The PROBLEM with Target's accounting is that they have way too many budget areas. They rob one to give to another. They cut permanent, long term people's hours to allocate to newbies. They are different budgets.

Hours may be 4,000 in January down from 6,000 in November which was up by 2,000 from 4,000 for August but they have to allocate to many more people than they HAD in August. THAT is why hours disappear.

Target does NOT know how to do a balance sheet.

Period
Who knew that I'd be better than a multimillion dollar company at doing balance sheets?

Ahhh, still the inconsistent schedule. I guess I'm feeling lucky this time around that I have another job and Target is just a side thing. I had five hours this week and then off for a full week. It's fine. It's giving me time to get ready for the next semester of school.

I showed up a half hour early Saturday to visit with a friend on break and to get in the zone for work, and one of our ETLs asked if I could clock in early. He was surprised that I said no - I didn't need a nine hour shift that day.

Even as someone who is still seasonal and hasn't been told one way or another if they want me to stay (not for these hours, nope, I got bills to pay), I must say it's getting ridiculous. I come in look around at who is working and think "Really? They're still giving that guy hours? And, that one too? Why?????" They can't possibly be considering keeping some of these people. They're nearly useless. They still don't get how to do things. Hell, leads complain about them to me. Just cut the dead weight already and give the hours to the people you want around.

Even as someone who is still seasonal and hasn't been told one way or another if they want me to stay (not for these hours, nope, I got bills to pay), I must say it's getting ridiculous. I come in look around at who is working and think "Really? They're still giving that guy hours? And, that one too? Why?????" They can't possibly be considering keeping some of these people. They're nearly useless. They still don't get how to do things. Hell, leads complain about them to me. Just cut the dead weight already and give the hours to the people you want around.
Totally agree. It's been going on so long that I think the payroll department needs a 12 step program. Skip to whatever step is making amends and asking forgiveness. Oh...admitting they've lost control would be fine as well.

Totally agree. It's been going on so long that I think the payroll department needs a 12 step program. Skip to whatever step is making amends and asking forgiveness. Oh...admitting they've lost control would be fine as well.

Yeah. My store is down to two seasonals that were hired in September. Me and one other guy. The other guy is fucking useless. No idea how he has survived this long. I taught him how to use a walkie LAST WEEK. Last fucking week and he's been there since September. Cut him. Hell, cut me if they don't want to keep me. That's cool. But, then there all these other seasonals that were hired after Black Friday. They weren't trained for shit. They mostly suck. One electronics seasonal is alright, but that's it. I walk into the store, see them working, and whelp my motivation for working hard just went down a notch or two. Going to be taking a lot more shits on company time today, TL.

Okay, so... Here's a thing. One day, i check my schedule and see i have a nice 30 hour week. The next day, it's chopped in half... Then, they have a balls to call me and ask me to come in 4 hours early. And NOW, I check a schedule that had 18 hours, and they cut 2 days down by 30 minutes. Not only that! But they keep offering people more hours to their cut schedules, then sending rumors down the line of there being no hours and no money. I have bills to pay, Target. Just drop your seasonal kids and give me my job back. This isn't gonna fly anymore. At this point, Wal-Mart looks super nice, and we all should know... It is not. I don't get paid enough to be treated like I'm disposable. I've been there for almost a year.
Last year this time they cut my hours down to 8 hours a week, I have a mortgage to pay and a truck payment to make. I got a hold of corporate, and no sooner did I hang up the phone, they got a hold of my store ETL, all of a sudden all kinds of hours became available. he mentioned the phone conversation he had with corporate drawing are one of our huddles and said that if we should ever have a concern or an issue with the reduction of hours please let him know he would work with us to get hours. Which he did.
I believe they get bonuses when they are in the green and show a good profit margin and by cutting their hours they are cutting the overhead. At times do only two of us covering the hard lights which is 80% of the store.

This is honestly one of the reasons I'm trying to escape from Target. I'm tired of the payroll/hours shenanigans the stores pull. I can't live on less than 20 hours a week, I have loans to pay off, if I wanted those kinds of hours I would have requested part time not full time. That was back when full time was actually a thing they'd try to get you within (32-40 hours a week average). Combine that with them giving hours to people who just stand around texting half their shift, and it's no wonder those of us who were lifers before are leaving. We're tired of seeing payroll mismanaged.

Just seeing how everyone has awful hours just makes me happy that I’m still getting my 40 hours a week.

tomorrow is my first day back to work in a week because they only scheduled me one day this week and it just so happens to be on the last day of the schedule period... after this week I'm back to like 4 days per week so it's much better.

I had a TL once who took all the over time she could get during 4th Q and then would take time off and use vacation pay during hour cuts so she could give those hours to TMs but corporate put a stop to that. TLs now have to be scheduled first and I believe the minimum is 32 hours a week. Makes it hard to even have a team when the hours get so low.

I had a TL once who took all the over time she could get during 4th Q and then would take time off and use vacation pay during hour cuts so she could give those hours to TMs but corporate put a stop to that. TLs now have to be scheduled first and I believe the minimum is 32 hours a week. Makes it hard to even have a team when the hours get so low.

My tl took a whole week of vacation this week for that reason. Freed up hours for my fellow pog tm and me.

Jan-March is awful every year. Going forward it will be worse than previous years for a couple reasons. Every time some process is updated it is suppose to increase productivity (the key word suppose to) If productivity increases they don't need as many man/woman hours. Self checkouts is a perfect example. 1 person to watch 5 self checks, no you no longer need those pesky cashier hours. Zebras are technically suppose to cut down on hours too. Automation can be a wonderful thing, sure it can help you find something quicker in theory. But having to hike over boxes that are filling hallways to use it......you get the picture. Secondly and most importantly, when they raise the starting wage they have to come up with that money somewhere. Higher starting wage=less hours.

Hey, anyone know the policy on management cutting shifts? Let’s say I was scheduled to work 8-3 tomorrow and my TL asked if I would be willing to leave at 1 instead. Let’s say I said no thanks, I need the hours. If TL kept pressuring me to consent, but I stand firm in wanting my full shift, can they force me to go home early? Still hypothetically speaking, what if that shift on Kronos now says 8-1? The paper schedule still has 8-3 and I never said I would leave early.

Hey, anyone know the policy on management cutting shifts? Let’s say I was scheduled to work 8-3 tomorrow and my TL asked if I would be willing to leave at 1 instead. Let’s say I said no thanks, I need the hours. If TL kept pressuring me to consent, but I stand firm in wanting my full shift, can they force me to go home early? Still hypothetically speaking, what if that shift on Kronos now says 8-1? The paper schedule still has 8-3 and I never said I would leave early.

One word ... retaliation.

One word ... retaliation.
and that’s not allowed right? I just feel like there are probably a number of TM who would gladly leave early, plus however many hours call outs add up to, they don’t need to sneakily try to take my hours away.

and that’s not allowed right? I just feel like there are probably a number of TM who would gladly leave early, plus however many hours call outs add up to, they don’t need to sneakily try to take my hours away.

At my store, unless it the only person scheduled in an area like Starbucks, they are not replacing call offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back