Archived Injured at Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, I was getting carts from the parking lot and twisted my knee. I felt a sharp pain, kept coming and going but figured I just irritated it and it would be better after some sleep. Now about 24 hours later, it has gotten significantly worse. I haven't gone to a doctor yet but essentially I'm pretty sure I have an issue worthy of attention that very well may require me to keep off it as much as possible, obviously limiting working as a cart attendant or honestly anything. But I'm wondering right now what I should do about this since it is a work-related injury. I will look in the employee handbook but I'd like to get some recommendations or here your experiences with a situation like this here. thanks!

File an incident report right away.
You have to get the full paperwork stuff taken care of immediately.
They will direct you from there.
Do not go see a doctor till then because they can disallow payment saying you didn't inform them (you can fight that but it's a major pain).

I would just report it now. If they ask you why you didn't report it earlier be honest...tell them you didn't think it was that big of a deal. I once fell off of a ladder...my ass hit the ground and I jumped up to make sure no one was watching...a few minutes later I thought damn that hurt my ass. Later, that night when I went to take a shower I checked my hiney out ( ok that just sounds odd) and sure enough I had a big old bruise in the shape of my wallet on my right ass cheek.

Last edited:
I hope you've been studying up for the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back