Archived Injured out of work, dont qualify for FMLA, what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hurt my arm at a sports game and cant work for about a month, shoulder is messed up and in a sling. ETL-HR told me to call thid 1800 # and a conceited lady cheerfully told me i dont qualify for medical leave because im 6 days short of the 1 yr requirement..and said she would enter my claim, but that it would be denied but they would let me know.. I'm not sure what to do. will i get fired for this?

I am surprised your ETL HR didn't sit down with you about this, and give you all possible options.

You can request to your HR and ETL to move you to an accommodating position and be placed on temporary light duty. If its just your shoulder and your arm is in a sling, you can probably cashier, service desk, do light duty hardlines, fitting rooms, or softlines. And get Team Assistance when needed. All without being put on FMLA.

I got burned pretty bad at FA, and I still worked light duty cashier/service desk for a month before going on medical leave. They just gave me a stool to sit on while I worked.

+++If your username is your real name, I would suggest getting it changed. Corp watches here.

I am surprised your ETL HR didn't sit down with you about this, and give you all possible options.

You can request to your HR and ETL to move you to an accommodating position and be placed on temporary light duty. If its just your shoulder and your arm is in a sling, you can probably cashier, service desk, do light duty hardlines, fitting rooms, or softlines. And get Team Assistance when needed. All without being put on FMLA.

I got burned pretty bad at FA, and I still worked light duty cashier/service desk for a month before going on medical leave. They just gave me a stool to sit on while I worked.

+++If your username is your real name, I would suggest getting it changed. Corp watches here.

Thanks for the info, I have to walk really slow and cant bend over or my shoulder slips right out even with the sling. its my strong arm, very limited with my left hand. Thanks for the name warning, I thought of that when i was registering.

Short term disability pays you up to 60% of your salary for 90 days for medical reasons. Here is the number for spot leave & disability, 800-828-5850.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back