Archived (Insert Name) to checklane 5 for cash backup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you love when you're the only sales floor team member in your area, one of two for sales floor on the first level of the store (for two level stores) and you hear the sentence that sends a chill up your spine? My store loves to understaff the check lanes and instead relies on sales floor and sometimes even back room team members to jump on cash. What the hell?

I love getting up there, only to ring out one guest. Depends on who's running the lanes affects how eager I'll jump on.

There's one that will call for back up only if they really need it.
There's one that will call for back up when it's not needed.
Then there's one that will keep sending overflowing carts to my lane when it's unnecessary.

The other day I had the ETL-GE call me up to cash twice, only to send me back both times because it wasn't necessary. Like, have you people never shopped elsewhere? Standing in line for a couple of minutes if part of retail. You don't need to open a new register every time you have two people waiting in line. Chill.

ahh yess i dont mind sometimes when the lines are literally to the escalators but its hard finsishing your tasks when your on backup all day

I never worry about "finishing" anything. Nothing at Spot is ever finished... it's a perpetual cycle of stuff in and stuff out. You'll never have everything zoned so don't worry about it. Just do the best you can while working as fast as you can - you can't give them anything more than that!

I have no problem backing up the front lanes or FA.

I was setting an aisle in rear seasonal last week. Everytime they called for a backup cashier, I was the first person to respond. It was hilarious walking back and forth from the other side of the store.

And they can't get mad. Then don't call for backup cashiers. Or how about staffing correctly.

I know my boss was gnashing her teeth everytime I responded. But if she had told me not to go up, I'd have never responded again.

One of my coworkers said ... Why do you keep responding? I said to prove a point. Target is so stupid. I'm going to get paid to walk back and forth all day. Loved it!

I always try to avoid false alarms, even if we're more than 1 + 1 for a minute it'll probably go back down in a little. If the line actually gets huge that's when I call for backup. TMs aren't stupid (despite some stories on here) and will know GSA/GSTL voices and which ones to respond for backup to. If it's that big a problem just grab a walkie that isn't charged completely, go to an unused channel and start transmitting. It'll be dead soon enough, then you can blame your walkie for being dead when you don't respond to backup. Or just forget to change it back to channel 1. Or forget to turn it on.

I really don't understand why target freaks out about lines so much. You can't have no lines, and never have a cashier not working. It just won't happen. Lines really should just happen sometimes (options for guests: get more shit/play on your phone) and they do at other retail locations without everyone freaking out or the store burning down. Last I checked walmart has more sales than us, and they don't have this concept of 1 + 1.

I'd LOCU the Backroom and quit im my store ever forced me to cashier. Nope, ain't nobody got time for that.

Once we opened with no cashiers on the front end. I was asked to cover for the next hour until the next cashier clocked in. When the guy came in, the ETLs insisted that I get off the front lanes and go back to the salesfloor, and they'd call me for backup if they needed me. Wouldn't you know it, one cashier turned out to not be enough and they called me for backup several times within the next hour. I couldn't even say no because there were only 4 people on the salesfloor and we were all going up. After about the 5th time, I asked an ETL if I could just stay on as cashier until a second one clocked in. She said no, because then at certain points there'd be no guests in my lane, and she didn't want me "standing around when I could've been using that time to work on the sales floor."

Hmm, so basically, she wanted me to work in the most logical and efficient way possible. Interesting.

We have a sales floor team member who every time they call for back up....he says I am with a guest.So, one day I was near him...the lod said xxx come up front for back up please...he said I am with a guest. I looked at him and said you aren't with a guest. He smiled and said I never am. I thought it was kinda funny...however, a couple days later...he did the same thing...the stl was coming around the corner. So that ended that .

We have a sales floor team member who every time they call for back up....he says I am with a guest.So, one day I was near him...the lod said xxx come up front for back up please...he said I am with a guest. I looked at him and said you aren't with a guest. He smiled and said I never am. I thought it was kinda funny...however, a couple days later...he did the same thing...the stl was coming around the corner. So that ended that .

Yeah you don't use that every time, and you have to look. Be smart about it or you deserve what you get.

He should have just alternated it with "I'm in the back doing scrrrrrchh. Is there anyone closer?"

At my store STL mandates every LOD to write down when a TM says they're with a guest, or are doing [X] that supposedly prevents them from coming for backup. So if your name is being written down too often you're going to get talked to .

Last I checked walmart has more sales than us, and they don't have this concept of 1 + 1.

Yeah, but they do have the concept of SELF CHECKOUT!

So do we. But it doesn't help all that much because the machines are slow and at least one is out of order every day.

We need to get some for our store. Is that the norm for Targets? Because I've never seen one in a Target before.
1 in my district has them. they suck really bad. you don't want em for a couple years until they work the kinks out.

I love it when a team memeber saids"I'm with a guest" to get out of something. And I look on camera and they are just sitting there doing nothing

At my store STL mandates every LOD to write down when a TM says they're with a guest, or are doing [X] that supposedly prevents them from coming for backup. So if your name is being written down too often you're going to get talked to .

Micro Manage much? Yeah if that is what you have to worry about dude, you suck as a manager.. To your STL..

But what if I'm always vibing with guests, increasing their basket size, and encouraging them to open a Red Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back