Archived (Insert Name) to checklane 5 for cash backup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if I'm always vibing with guests, increasing their basket size, and encouraging them to open a Red Card?

Congratulations! You have now been made Vibe Captain!

To serve as an example for your team, your conversion goal has tripled, you must write 10 vibe cards each shift, recognize 25 moments on the walkie, and get 15 AMAZED surveys in a week! You also get to push the rest of the store to do this too! Doesn't this sound fun?!?

When I go up, I find the prettiest woman in the bunch and provide superior guest service :cool: Sorry dude, ladies first.

Question to my fellow Market TMs...are you guys required to back up? Or are you guys exempt?

Question to my fellow Market TMs...are you guys required to back up? Or are you guys exempt?

Yes, I back up. However, if I'm pushing time/temperature sensitive stuff, I let them know over the walkie -- they'll either exempt me and I can continue to push, or if guest first is terrible, I'll return my push back to the coolers before heading up.

Was in the break room the other day & a couple of SFTMs were openly talking about how they use the "I'm with a guest" when called for back-up.
Yet our cashiers are sent out to help them zone during down times?
Quid pro quo, dickheads.

Exempt from the first call. If first isn't answered and they call a second time, expected to respond (if I'm pushing temp/time sensitive I let them know, sometimes they request someone else by name, sometimes confirm I need to get the 3 tier back to temp then get down there)

No we aren't they have tried to get me up there, which I find hilarious..

It always goes like this....

"Sales Floor we need a quick response to the front lanes, we have a line to the Jewelry boat."
- No Response -
"Blank in market can you please come up quickly?"

My 2 responses, which are actually always true....
Response #1 - "It will be a couple I have to put this Freezer, or Meat, or Dairy, or Produce pull back first"
Response #2 - "I can't I am in the Ambient room covered in Elimin-x", I respond, 7 second later, after taking off two layers of gloves covered in noxious chemicals.

"Okay, <Insert name> can you please respond?."

honestly I don't even remember my pass code to get on a lane.

Besides, who the hell else would their be in market to bring up the "Right Milk", Wic-able Bread, or to show a quest where the Sour Cream is. I am usually the only person in Market and have 6-8 Pulls every hour, where if I fall too far behind all hell breaks loose in Hardlines it seems.

Last edited:

No we aren't they have tried to get me up there, which I find hilarious..

It always goes like this....

"Sales Floor we need a quick response to the front lanes, we have a line to the Jewelry boat."
- No Response -
"Blank in market can you please come up quickly?"

My 2 responses, which are actually always true....
Response #1 - "It will be a couple I have to put this Freezer, or Meat, or Dairy, or Produce pull back first"
Response #2 - "I can't I am in the Ambient room covered in Elimin-x", I respond, 7 second later, after taking off two layers of gloves covered in noxious chemicals.

"Okay, <Insert name> can you please respond?."

honestly I don't even remember my pass code to get on a lane.

Besides, who the hell else would their be in market to bring up the "Right Milk", Wic-able Bread, or to show a quest where the Sour Cream is. I am usually the only person in Market and have 6-8 Pulls every hour, where if I fall too far behind all hell breaks loose in Hardlines it seems.

Ah, yes, I should have mentioned the GSTL/GSA are told at my store to ask Market TMs last if they have a guest first situation for the reasons BigEyedPhish mentioned -- unless we have more than 2 Market TMs scheduled at the same time, then we're fair game...

I have loved it when they specifically call for someone in softlines to come up and I'm the only one......but am fitting room/operator. Gotta love no shows. I think I'll decline.

No shows? Nope we just have an ETL who can't write a schedule leaving huge holes in it. No opening operator - sure! Just the operator in Soft-lines after 2pm! You bet! By herself from 2-4:30pm! And nope this ETL decides on this day to leave and not help cover this mess. Nor bother to tell HR to call someone in or try to call.. Three times in the last month.

I have loved it when they specifically call for someone in softlines to come up and I'm the only one......but am fitting room/operator. Gotta love no shows. I think I'll decline.

Yeah, that worked for all of two days at my store. Now, either the gsa/GSTL will take the phone for the operator or the operator will answer the phone while cashiering.

I go up with the intention of checking out 3-5 guests. I always turn the light off after 5 unless the GSTL asks me to stay up.

I don't mind going for backup, but I HATE it when they individually call out your name.

As a CA I only go for backup if I have a decent amount of carts in and have a good amount of time to finish tasks.
Last time I was asked to backup cashier I was stuck their for 1 hour and a half and wasn't able to finish my CA duties till 10:40.

No shows? Nope we just have an ETL who can't write a schedule leaving huge holes in it. No opening operator - sure! Just the operator in Soft-lines after 2pm! You bet! By herself from 2-4:30pm! And nope this ETL decides on this day to leave and not help cover this mess. Nor bother to tell HR to call someone in or try to call.. Three times in the last month.

That sounds like my store. The worst, was closing by myself. Sure, I'll have everything zoned and the fitting room clear....no problem!

Softlines is already chaos. It's tough to have everything finished, when it only takes one guest to destroy the whole place. I feel your pain.

If the lines are on the grocery side (which they always are), they expect grocery to cover. If it takes 5 minutes because you were doing a frozen pull and had to return it to the freezer before coming up, they'll keep calling the whole time.

Of course once you're up there it's for at least half an hour... but then they wonder why there are 10 dry pulls, 5 freezer pulls, and 3 dairy pulls, plus no milk or eggs left at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back