Archived instock/pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except the schedule is made around best practice.

Let's take one team, and overwork them even more. ie POG do your own Pulls - even though it's not in your payroll hours. Perishable Assistants - please do your own Backstock, even though BR is supposed to do it.

As my STL has often said... Best practice doesn't know what best practice is. Everything is so out of date. It's all about what works best for your store.
It works really w
That probably made sense a decade ago. But we have three sales floor TLs at our store and they all need to cover their own departments when they are working.

Yet pricing nor pog gets hours to do it. That's more than we have. We are ULV and my store is usually great about it. I find its all about training and time management.

It works really w

Yet pricing nor pog gets hours to do it. That's more than we have. We are ULV and my store is usually great about it. I find its all about training and time management.
Time management has nothing to do with it. Let's say someone needs to merchandise the clearance in bath. The electronics TL is the only person scheduled in electronics so he can't exactly walk across the store to do it. The softlines TL is LOD 3 times a week, and on the other two days is the opening FR/only person in softlines until 3pm. The CTL is running around trying to do their routines, plus finish the food truck and coordinate with vendors.

I'm going to assume because you have more Tl's then I do, that your higher volume. Our TL's are never scheduled at the fitting room or electronics and we are ULV, so it seems as though your hours are being spent elsewhere, because as a store that has 1 srtl in charge of sales floor and soft lines she still manages to,even if it's having the night zoner move it while they zone that aisle.

At my store instocks and pricing are a combined team. Once we're done with research tasks we move right into pricing. We have a TL and we're under a hardlines ETL. There are 5-6 of us scheduled most every day. It's ok like this. It could be so much better though if our TL would stop acting like a teenager and be accountable, responsible and had any clue what she is doing. She makes it frustrating and stressful.

At my store instocks and pricing are a combined team. Once we're done with research tasks we move right into pricing. We have a TL and we're under a hardlines ETL. There are 5-6 of us scheduled most every day. It's ok like this. It could be so much better though if our TL would stop acting like a teenager and be accountable, responsible and had any clue what she is doing. She makes it frustrating and stressful.

that actually sounds pretty interesting. especially if there are so many of you on at once. do you have to take care of ptm's as well? do you ever have a problem not getting your pricing tasks done? also it would seem like you 'd have to have long days for each person

Does your pricing team push their own clearance or move clearance before a POG reset? Our's doesn't, but I've always been curious if the pricing team owns everything in other stores.

Our team does. We push all clearance. Hardlines and softlines. Even if it means making a clearance section in an aisle, making an endcap, or making a rack. We do it, but hours are taken away from sales floor and given to us as it is best practice for sales floor TLs to push the clearance.

It works because we know where we are putting the clearance and won't be suprised with an HBA or Market endcap in seasonal or some bullcrap our Hardlines TL used to do. I scan an endcap and if it's dually located or discontinued it comes down and the clearance goes up. My Hardlines TL knows this. If you want to be green set something else.. lol.

Last edited:
Our team does. We push all clearance. Hardlines and softlines. Even if it means making a clearance section in an aisle, making an endcap, or making a rack. We do it, but hours are taken away from sales floor and given to us as it is best practice for sales floor TLs to push the clearance.

It works because we know where we are putting the clearance and won't be suprised with an HBA or Market endcap in seasonal or some bullcrap our Hardlines TL used to do. I scan an endcap and if it's dually located or discontinued it comes down and the clearance goes up. My Hardlines TL knows this. If you want to be green set something else.. lol.
At my store, it's the sale floor TMs job to push clearance, but they often put 30 percent off clearance under signs that say clearance 50 or 70 percent off

I'm going to assume because you have more Tl's then I do, that your higher volume. Our TL's are never scheduled at the fitting room or electronics and we are ULV, so it seems as though your hours are being spent elsewhere, because as a store that has 1 srtl in charge of sales floor and soft lines she still manages to,even if it's having the night zoner move it while they zone that aisle.
Our store is B volume but we are perpetually understaffed. We are short 1-2 TLs, 1 Sr. TL, and an ETL right now and we have a hard time hiring TMs in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back