Archived instock/pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else feel like these two teams should be under the same tl, than the way they are currently structured. They're both technically logistics, but at the same time they are like the red headed step child of logistics. Also I feel like it would be a good two teams to have the same tl for, considering instocks deals with ptms/discontinued and pricing deals with the after affects. What do you think?

My Plano tl runs pricing teams. My brtl runs instocks. Some stores have both teams are under the same tl.

Last edited:
But we do have several Tm's who do ptms in certain areas before instocks gets there. Those Tm's do their own research too. Basically, my stl loves it & better sales are proving it.

Last edited:
Instocks would make much more sense under a sales floor TL or ETL.

I think pricing is fine under the POG TL since they are often working in the same areas and might need to collaborate to get clearance moved before a reset. Our pricing TM is pretty autonomous and just does their own thing without even needing a TL. The only time they talk to the TL is when they need another TM to help with the workload.

I think pricing is fine under the POG TL since they are often working in the same areas and might need to collaborate to get clearance moved before a reset. Our pricing TM is pretty autonomous and just does their own thing without even needing a TL. The only time they talk to the TL is when they need another TM to help with the workload.
Does your pricing team push their own clearance or move clearance before a POG reset? Our's doesn't, but I've always been curious if the pricing team owns everything in other stores.

Does your pricing team push their own clearance or move clearance before a POG reset? Our's doesn't, but I've always been curious if the pricing team owns everything in other stores.
No, because our pricing "team" is one person. POG generally moves it to the nearest clearance endcap.

To me, instocks makes sense to be under the BRTL or SFTL. Stocking the floor is the responsibility of both those TLs. I don't really see it as a PPTL responsibility.

To me, instocks makes sense to be under the BRTL or SFTL. Stocking the floor is the responsibility of both those TLs. I don't really see it as a PPTL responsibility.
I always wished instocks had its own tl like it used to, but that's because I just want to fully run the team, unlike the minimal way I do now Lol. To me I suppose it works both way to be under sftl and brtl. Salesfloor tl is trying to fill the floor, use instocks... But backroom tl is trying to empty the backroom by filling the floor... Use instocks.

I don't even think our pricing team talks to the pog team. Obviously they talk to the tl, but I don't think about where to put the clearance or anything. All clearance locations usually gets directed to a salesfloor tl or sf etl.

I don't even think our pricing team talks to the pog team. Obviously they talk to the tl, but I don't think about where to put the clearance or anything. All clearance locations usually gets directed to a salesfloor tl or sf etl.
I wish our pricing team moved clearance! They leave it in the home location and put up a clearance shelf label. Same in softlines, just ticket it, leave it in its location, put up a clearance sign.

I wish our pricing team moved clearance! They leave it in the home location and put up a clearance shelf label. Same in softlines, just ticket it, leave it in its location, put up a clearance sign.
It's supposed to stay in the home location until the POG resets. Company best practice states that sales come better from the home location than an endcap. I don't understand it but ok. Lol. Also my STL and I were talking that presentation should have its own TL, and pricing should go under a SFTL. I feel like I spend barely any time in pricing. Luckily my team is awesome, but I still hate that I can't be there all the time because presentation definitely needs me more.

Company best practice states that sales come better from the home location than an endcap. I don't understand it but ok.
I don't understand it either, since we will empty a home location to stock an end cap. I think most people go to a home location if they are looking for an item to buy.

My Plano tl runs pricing teams. My brtl runs instocks. Some stores have both teams are under the same tl.

Our Flow TL runs (oversees) our Instocks (along with help from our ETL-Log). When you think about the process it makes a ton of sense, but when Flow should have two TL's by itself it makes you think...
(Our Flow TL is amazing, and I expect him to be an ETL soon).

Our Flow TL runs (oversees) our Instocks (along with help from our ETL-Log). When you think about the process it makes a ton of sense, but when Flow should have two TL's by itself it makes you think...
(Our Flow TL is amazing, and I expect him to be an ETL soon).
I would very much dislike that. I'd fear that if flow isn't done we would constantly be dragged into helping them. With our old tl she was more worried about backroom and less so about instocks so she always handed us off to flow for an hour and a half to two hours.

I would very much dislike that. I'd fear that if flow isn't done we would constantly be dragged into helping them. With our old tl she was more worried about backroom and less so about instocks so she always handed us off to flow for an hour and a half to two hours.

I think it is more of a Truck Push Accuracy move... Instock's keeps him informed on problems after the push, that way he can know on a first hand account where the problems lie... Keep in mind that In-stocks is also his score too. Also that CAF pulls are nowhere near what they were before, therefore it is ALOT easier to audit push accuracy, when mistakes can be made only 2-3 times a day, rather than 8-9 times.

It's supposed to stay in the home location until the POG resets. Company best practice states that sales come better from the home location than an endcap. I don't understand it but ok. Lol. Also my STL and I were talking that presentation should have its own TL, and pricing should go under a SFTL. I feel like I spend barely any time in pricing. Luckily my team is awesome, but I still hate that I can't be there all the time because presentation definitely needs me more.
I totally get that, but I don't like half a rack in softlines being clearance, let alone scattered through RTW. I had three racks of half clearance, half full price next to each other in RTW. Screw best practice, common sense to me says to put all that clearance on one rack, lol.

I totally get that, but I don't like half a rack in softlines being clearance, let alone scattered through RTW. I had three racks of half clearance, half full price next to each other in RTW. Screw best practice, common sense to me says to put all that clearance on one rack, lol.
Per best practice, for the last decade, clearance is to be merchandised by the TL of the area. If pog touches it, it should only be to stage it on a flat in the Backroom for the sales floor to push.

Our IS team no longer does PTM. They have the backroom use the detail report to pull out d-code, throw it on a red and have some random sftm work it. It's absurd. It takes pricing forever to find anything. That being said, if the IS team does PTM, it makes more sense to have them be part of plano/pricing with the salesfloor ETL as their ETL... or better yet, have their own TL.

My store has a price change TL. Instocks falls under my BR TL. Pog has their own TL as well. We dropped on the org chart or whatever so price change is eventually supposed to merge with pog idk.

Our IS team no longer does PTM. They have the backroom use the detail report to pull out d-code, throw it on a red and have some random sftm work it. It's absurd. It takes pricing forever to find anything. That being said, if the IS team does PTM, it makes more sense to have them be part of plano/pricing with the salesfloor ETL as their ETL... or better yet, have their own TL.

We must work at the same store. PTM process at our store is b.r.o.k.e.n.

I don't understand it either, since we will empty a home location to stock an end cap. I think most people go to a home location if they are looking for an item to buy.
Think it depends upon the odds of an impulse buy.

People shop for sheets in the home location, but might impulsively buy HBA, Chem or Market from an endcap. Think about how often you need to buy food, HBA or cleaning supplies. all the time.

Sheets? once in awhile.

Per best practice, for the last decade, clearance is to be merchandised by the TL of the area. If pog touches it, it should only be to stage it on a flat in the Backroom for the sales floor to push.
That probably made sense a decade ago. But we have three sales floor TLs at our store and they all need to cover their own departments when they are working.

As my STL has often said... Best practice doesn't know what best practice is. Everything is so out of date. It's all about what works best for your store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back