Archived Instocks no longer a primary job title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I was double checking open positions at my store and nearby stores from the Target website (at home, not in store). * While I am aware the general application process is slightly different between these two portals it came as a surprise to me to see that on the application site there remains no job description for Instocks. *This somewhat reflects the most recent developments in my store where Instock team members who have left the team have been effectively replaced with Flow Team Members who stay after their Flow shift for scanning the Instocks task list and no further Instock responsibilities. *These Team Members are still coded Flow Team as a primary job title.*

While I have considered that perhaps the Instocks position will continue to exist and is or has become a solely promote/move from within position, this seems unlikely as an outside applicant can apply for (as far as I can tell) any other position within the store. *I have also considered that the position may simply fall under the definition of Salesfloor Team Member, but due to the difference of job duties and pay grade this seems unlikely.*

Ultimately, my best guess is that Instocks is intended to no longer be a primary job title. *That going forward the Instocks processes will be split up and delegated to Team Members of other titles. *Of course, as I said, this is just a guess with very little foundation.*

Any other opinions or insights on this?

You should double check this on a store computer. Target does have different titles for jobs for internal applicants and external. Not sure what portal you were using but on a store computer if you look up other stores positions it usually gives two names per position (internal name, vs external name.)

You should double check this on a store computer. Target does have different titles for jobs for internal applicants and external. Not sure what portal you were using but on a store computer if you look up other stores positions it usually gives two names per position (internal name, vs external name.)

Unfortunately I cannot check job openings from the computers at work as I applied for a position about three weeks ago, so I am unable to access "job opportunities" in the store eHr for now.

I know those on Instocks who have been in position for a few months or more are still primary job coded as such, but the new team members are not.

I applied for the instocks role last week.

So, yes, it's still there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back