Archived Instocks or pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to scan beds/bath in two weeks for reasons, walked through there today and it looks horrible. I scanned a few dcpis and it's all in the backroom, located just not pulling. So to me instocks is needed.

Even when you do scan it the on hands don't change. the "on floor & backroom" go to zero but the on "On hands" stay whatever it was.

I have some paper towels that were miss picked cause we have been having horrible issues with the DC miss picking stuff. Three weeks still has on an "On Hand" of almost 50.

Is instocks going away actually feasible? It seemed to me like RFID would take a large portion of instocks' workload once the rest of the phases are run? If inventory is better tracked this way, doesn't this replace doing RIGS and outs?
Our group operations lead told me that the main reason for RFID is to track shortage in a way that makes it easier to determine where product goes missing or if it ever actually makes it into the store. That gave me pause.
Most instocks folks are backroom ninjas too, at my store.
But they aren't paid the same. THAT is what pisses me off the most. We are expected to know and understand all processes and be able to step in without blinking an eye...and we do. How is it that this is a lower level of pay than the jobs they expect us to do?

yeah aint that the truth. but the mydevice is meant solely for sales floor so you shouldnt be able to pull batches with it.
Apparently there is a way to pull and backstock and someone showed me but I can't remember because I only use the mydevice to push and tie planograms. Someone told me that pulling items with the MyDevice is faster but I have a hard time believing that

PDA back room
mydevice sales floor.
it may suck a bit but try to get backroom to pull for you. at the very least if they have errors or ghosts it cant be blamed on the sales floor TMs working back there.

Without In Stocks you see just how poor the replenishment system really is..

QFT.

Can't tell you how many items I have scanned that are empty on the sales floor with product in the BR.

Can you imagine how much more efficiently the store would run if everyone pushed to the piece?
Did pulls correctly (no unnecessary burning of batches?)
Or the cashiers rang stuff out correctly?
Or if the DC would eliminate mispicks?
Or BR back stocked correctly - (no baffles?)
Put away re-shop correctly?
And everyone zoned Correctly as they worked?

alas....

QFT.

Can't tell you how many items I have scanned that are empty on the sales floor with product in the BR.

Can you imagine how much more efficiently the store would run if everyone pushed to the piece?
Did pulls correctly (no unnecessary burning of batches?)
Or the cashiers rang stuff out correctly?
Or if the DC would eliminate mispicks?
Or BR back stocked correctly - (no baffles?)
Put away re-shop correctly?
And everyone zoned Correctly as they worked?

alas....

Even close would cut a lot of it. The cashier thing drives me batty. It is a simple test of a cashier. Cat food. Grab a dozen cans multiple flavors(I have two cats so I buy cat food). Watch them ring it out, newbies always grab all the Friskeys and hit the quanity key Always fun to train a cashier on my lunch to not do that and why. Then talk with the GSTL and have them give them a coaching over it.

I haven't been able to scan beds/bath in two weeks for reasons, walked through there today and it looks horrible. I scanned a few dcpis and it's all in the backroom, located just not pulling. So to me instocks is needed.

Remember when instocks was scored on that? And if the score was red, it was obviously the instocks team's fault for doing their job.

I have some paper towels that were miss picked cause we have been having horrible issues with the DC miss picking stuff. Three weeks still has on an "On Hand" of almost 50.

Stupid question, but does anyone actually report the mispicks at your store? We've had problems with mispicks at my store because TMs either don't have a PDA and are too lazy don't have time to grab one or they don't know how to report a mispick.

When I first started on Flow at my first store catching mispicks was a big thing. Then when that ETL was gone it wasn't so much. At my store now, I think only the old timers even know what a mispick is.

Most of the Flow team probably think it is when you go to pick your nose and your finger misses your nostril.

Remember when instocks was scored on that? And if the score was red, it was obviously the instocks team's fault for doing their job.

Yep but now that its not scored no one cares.

Stupid question, but does anyone actually report the mispicks at your store? We've had problems with mispicks at my store because TMs either don't have a PDA and are too lazy don't have time to grab one or they don't know how to report a mispick.
"

Not many care. I mention it in huddles but overnight has issues that make catching a miss pick way over what they are capable of. If they can get the product in the right place miracles have happened. Most people looked at me in the last huddle I brought it up as "WTF is she talking about? Why would we care that is In-Stocks job!"

I can. At my store, Instocks gets 15 to 30 batches a day! All time high was 42 or 48 batches in a single day. :)

After Week One of RFID, my STL ask me why towels were empty. I told her it was because they were RFID tag and the RFID doesn't generate research batches. Next week, Instocks learn we have to do SA Research on RFID items. :confused:

I recently learn the term mispicks and how to correct them. When I get them from Research batches, I ask a backroom team member to fix the mispick.

Yeah apparently something happened with the new scanning system at my store for instocks and suddenly we had to pull so many Our Generation doll cars out to the floor that we don't have roon for all of them. It's very weird. I THINK it had to do with the scanning thing but I'm not sure?

Yeah apparently something happened with the new scanning system at my store for instocks and suddenly we had to pull so many Our Generation doll cars out to the floor that we don't have roon for all of them. It's very weird. I THINK it had to do with the scanning thing but I'm not sure?

check capacity

I have been working for Spot for a little over a year now and I'm hoping to get cross trained in more departments. I'm already trained in presentation but I'd like to do a bit more, ya know? Both the departments I listed are short handed and need more people.

I'm someone who likes to move around a lot when I'm working (which is why I hate going up for backup haha) and Im extroverted so I like working with a team

You sound like you would be good on Flow, we have Flow Team members who fill in for our Plano Team. I work flow sometimes and enjoy it when I do as it is working in cruise control, while Signing can sometimes make me feel like I am on the verge of a stroke lol.

You sound like you would be good on Flow, we have Flow Team members who fill in for our Plano Team. I work flow sometimes and enjoy it when I do as it is working in cruise control, while Signing can sometimes make me feel like I am on the verge of a stroke lol.
Yeah our plano/signing TL is a very difficult person to work with and her entire team is always in a bad mood so I know the feeling (especially navigating that God forsaken fixture room aghh!)
Flow doesn't sound too bad. It doesn't even seem that hard but we can't seem to keep people there for more than three days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back