Archived Instocks PTM tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a looooong hiatus, I'm working with the Instocks team again. My TL wants me to be the one doing PTM tasks on Mondays. Can anyone give me a quick refresher on what to do? I know that the labels have to be printed off, but beyond that I'm clueless!

Yes there is a task list.

I borrowed this from the guides forum, some of the In-Stocks guide is outdated but the PTM process has not changed.

PTM: The PTM process is used to ensure that PTM (Pre-Transitional Merchandise) aisles are being filled with discontinued product first and followed with carry forward product if the minimum presentation value breaks. PTMs are available in the Task List listed above, but also can be used as a standalone program in the “All Applications” screen on the second page. To use stand alone PTMs you need to scan the POG label and it will calculate what is currently in the backroom. It will give you an initial option but you can access “Alt Fills” like the Task List offers.

o Tip: There are a few terms you need to know to understand what the PTM is offering to do for you…
  • DCODE = Discontinued Product or product that is about to go clearance
  • /NEED = the amount of product that could fit on the Salesfloor based off of the Accumulator. The smallest batch that can be offered for a PTM batch.
  • /CAPACITY = the amount of product that could fit on the Salesfloor if the shelves were sitting empty. This is the middle choice for the size of your batches.
  • /ALL LOCATIONS = pulls all of the product out the backroom for the POG you scanned. This is the largest batch you can make for PTMs.

On mondays, print off the MPG headers from the signing and label printer. When the PTM list drops at 8 am in all applocations, you have to scan the headers twice in the ptm task list (use a 9200, lpda's and the 9090's are really slow doing this). First time is to replace the POG header, second time to drop the ptm batch.

So then you just go put the header in the appropriate isle, correct? And about the batches, is there a typical fill that is usually used, or do you just kind of judge it case-by-case? I'm assuming backroom pulls those batches, and then they get pushed to the floor?

Yes just put the label over the matching yellow one. Batches depends, I drop the batch and look at the options, if I know I can drop it a few times before the reset I will drop smaller batches, if its blown out drop it all. Sometimes you will drop it more than once like seasonal so you can keep them smaller. We drop seasonal as fill when things start going replace, keeps it full. And less likely you get that brutal 10 flat PTM batch.

1) Print the MPG labels for the week on the signing/label PC
2) Access the PTM task list on
Yes just put the label over the matching yellow one. Batches depends, I drop the batch and look at the options, if I know I can drop it a few times before the reset I will drop smaller batches, if its blown out drop it all. Sometimes you will drop it more than once like seasonal so you can keep them smaller. We drop seasonal as fill when things start going replace, keeps it full. And less likely you get that brutal 10 flat PTM batch.
We do not put the label over the yellow one. The label goes on the lower shelf furthest to the right of the pog. We mark the end of the MPG pog with a blank red label so that tm's know not to flex a non-MPG pog. Unless the aisle is devastatingly empty our first fill is usually d-code needs simply because there are so many pogs to pull for on label day. I make note of those that can use additional TLC and come back to them once the labels are up. If there is nothing in the backroom, the pog is immediately ptm'd.

Ok slightly different ways of getting to the same place. Our ETL's would never understand a blank red label. Sad but true.

Here we are one year later. Tell me about your Instocks team's role in the MPG/PTM process and then tell me how that works for you and with best practice.

Here we are one year later. Tell me about your Instocks team's role in the MPG/PTM process and then tell me how that works for you and with best practice.
We get the labels up and batches dropped every Monday. Then a TM comes in 6-10a Wednesday to pull and push the batches. That TM is also the flow TL so I'm pretty sure they'll push a few then go on to wrapping up whatever softlines push is left from Tuesday's truck. That's it, that is our PTM process. I'll try to flex over outs in PTM aisles while I'm scanning but I am the only instocks TM who does.

Last Wednesday we had ~50 PTM batches for grocery, toys, softlines and seasonal. Know what we did after our task lists were complete? Fill outs in bedding and furniture. Do PTM batches expire? I'm curious because today there are ~30 PTM batches, same areas as last time more or less and Sunday (I think) I didn't see any. But I could be misremembering.

Our instocks team is still in charge of getting PTMs scanned, batches pulled, and batched worked. Also, it seems the PTM tasklist is on the way out as part of removing most applications from the PDAs. After the application is removed it's just going to be print and place the labels, and do a pog fill with a mydevice.

Our instocks team is still in charge of getting PTMs scanned, batches pulled, and batched worked. Also, it seems the PTM tasklist is on the way out as part of removing most applications from the PDAs. After the application is removed it's just going to be print and place the labels, and do a pog fill with a mydevice.

Cause it works so well. Not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back