Archived PTM (pre-transition merchandise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
Im wondering how PTM is worked at other stores for specifically hardlines ? Do you have a dedicated TM? Who pulls your D-code? Do you flex the aisle?

Im taking over for a TM that quit and no one really can speak as to how they did it. I was given reading material and sent on my way. Now its taking forever to complete once a week.

TL should be handling their disco. Yes we flex it out. Better to have control as to where to put then having to force it out as clearance.

in our store VML/TL owns PTM as a process so they direct the instocks tm that day to pull D-code and new items out of the back and make sure it is flexed and branded. We have a binder that is updated on what is currently PTM with PTM aisle labels in sheets attached so the instocks tm can quickly scan and request batches and see what can come out, mydevices are good at this since you can see what it will request and edit. We also make sure that the closing team knows what is PTM so that they dont mess up the zone or push reshop to the wrong places or send back to backstock if its NOP

We have a binder that is updated on what is currently PTM with PTM aisle labels in sheets attached so the instocks tm can quickly scan and request batches and see what can come out
How do you find out what pogs are PTM?

We have a TM who pulls Dcode just by going though backroom aisles with the backroom detail report and manually pulling it. He knows how to drop a PTM batch, but it isn't super helpful if you don't know what's going to be PTM in the first place.

How do you find out what pogs are PTM?

We have a TM who pulls Dcode just by going though backroom aisles with the backroom detail report and manually pulling it. He knows how to drop a PTM batch, but it isn't super helpful if you don't know what's going to be PTM in the first place.
Online Planogram application on workbench -> reports -> MPG Plano report for this week, last week, previous 2 weeks

Used to be able to print PTM labels on the signing computer. PTM labels had the aisle number, and the POG number + barcode.

Scan the barcode, create a batch.

--
Has this changed?

Used to be able to print PTM labels on the signing computer. PTM labels had the aisle number, and the POG number + barcode.

Scan the barcode, create a batch.

--
Has this changed?
That's still there as well.
Label Menu -> MPG (the last option I believe) -> This week, Last week, or week before can be selected for batches and printed.

My store gave up on PTM'ing a couple of years ago..... so I am not sure what has changed.

So, when an entire department goes PTM (like toys) - I used to drop batches using the PTM label printed on the red/white label paper.

I would put the PTM label in the label strip on the basedeck of the aisle - closest to the racetrack. The red/white PTM label is a visual indicator that the aisle is PTM.

I then start flexing out the Dcode into the aisle.

So, for toys, for example, I keep the types of toys together (My Little Pony, Barbie, Lego, etc.) I don't just shove toys into any aisle. If you drop in PTM batches by aisle, then pull your own, I'd suggest keeping the batches separate so that they are easier to work out.

I might take a toy that has multiple facings, and move it down to 1 or 2 facings so that I have room to put the discontinued product in the aisle.

I print Generic Flex Labels on a hip printer, and use them on the shelves and pegs, as needed.

I try not to cover up any Active items, because that just makes it confusing for Flow - or whomever is trying to stock the item. I will condense active, but not completely cover the space.

I will also add pegs when there is room. I might adjust the spacing on the current pegs, so that I can squeeze in another row. (like in Hosiery, or Toys, or Sporting Goods swim googles.)

I also use a Zebra or other device to flex over Out Of Stock Discontinued items. Those are unlikely to be sent to your store from the DC, and the space for those products can be filled with D-code from the BR.

I'd also let the TL of the area know when the department becomes PTM.

--

I'd guess right now you'd want to focus on Sporting Goods Swim aisles, and any Summer Toys (hula hoops, bubbles, water guns, etc.) Those should be going clearance soon.

Last edited:
Ptm at a glance, scan for my departments, check adjacency calendar, start ptming 6 wks out before aisle goes mpg using detail report, need pog fills, or manuals depending on scope: aisle rev, entirely new aisle pog, entire dept transition. Mpg disco need fills 4 weeks out, then move to purges. Hopefully by the time you need to purge you won't have a whole slew of disco in the back. Endcaps are your friend, tear down old/underselling ones and merch your stuff well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back