Pricing and Presentation Transition: Freight Flow

Trust me I get the frustration as a former store TM but as full as you think your store is, the DCs are fuller šŸ˜
Except stores arenā€™t built like warehouses and canā€™t mandate OT to get things done. Most stores canā€™t even offer OT.

We still have to detrash everything that comes in too, and keep backroom profiles in order. Itā€™s pretty much impossible to manage.

Except stores arenā€™t built like warehouses and canā€™t mandate OT to get things done. Most stores canā€™t even offer OT.

We still have to detrash everything that comes in too, and keep backroom profiles in order. Itā€™s pretty much impossible to manage.
Im not saying it isnt overwhelming and a bad situation. I just want to drive home the point we are at the point where it doesnt matter how many hours we can throw at the issue. OT doesnt matter when every single ounce of space is full.

We also have to deal with trash by the way. Your bales and plastic and scrap metal and hangers etc. dont magically disappear when sent back on sweeps šŸ˜‰ not to mention our own trash. Entire team dedicated to going around taking care of trash, cardboard, and plastic 24/7 in the building.

The DC is really just very large store backroom.

Last edited:

DCs are black and white like it fits or it doesnā€™t. Thereā€™s no endcaps at a DC or storage containers or stack outs. Yes target admits they are sending excess freight but there isnā€™t really another option, it all has to go to stores because while a store can be yellow or red and still be open, a DC canā€™t be anything but green or itā€™ll effect hundreds of stores. Itā€™s the reason they have essentially unlimited payroll and wayyyyy more resources. It sucks for sure but itā€™s the reality we live in.

Back