No pre-tie locations on transition freight?

Anyone else having issues when you pre-tie on time for a transition but the freight coming in only shows either the old location or no location at all. What gives? We are getting toys this week and its more work trying to sort them on pallets. No box have the pre- tie locations on them.

It's not just toys, I feel like this issue has been happening more often for the past year.

Anyone else having issues when you pre-tie on time for a transition but the freight coming in only shows either the old location or no location at all. What gives? We are getting toys this week and its more work trying to sort them on pallets. No box have the pre- tie locations on them.

It's not just toys, I feel like this issue has been happening more often for the past year.
It happen to us

We had that happen as well, no pre-ties shown on the pick labels. Wasn't there also communication to not trap Toys anyway- because they were going to send it in waves or something so to set those aisle first? My inbound TL recalled a convo about that but we had to trap because of how it came in.

I have had freight arriving with old (untied) locations on the pick labels.

It's like the DC's are behind, and have not updated the Pick Labels to have the current locations for merchandise.

Definitely behind. Or maybe cleaning house? We received a baby display with a location the other day and it's no longer on pog. Into the compactor it went.

We had that happen as well, no pre-ties shown on the pick labels. Wasn't there also communication to not trap Toys anyway- because they were going to send it in waves or something so to set those aisle first? My inbound TL recalled a convo about that but we had to trap because of how it came in.

Our SD is a moron and won't let us set early. He expects it all done with 1 or maybe 2 TM in a week.

It’s a known issue with most DCs right now. No ETA.
No trapping straight to backstock.
And yes it’s been happening since bts freight coming in without the aisles on pick labels .
That’s so unproductive. Small transitions maybe, but best practice is to trap and sort for a reason. Spending all the time to backstock it just to pull it a week later is such a waste of time. Also not to mention most stores wouldn’t have the space to backstock 20+ pallets of toy transition.

Realistically you should just set ahead and go right to the floor. Backstocking large transitions shouldn’t happen.

It’s a known issue with most DCs right now. No ETA.

That’s so unproductive. Small transitions maybe, but best practice is to trap and sort for a reason. Spending all the time to backstock it just to pull it a week later is such a waste of time. Also not to mention most stores wouldn’t have the space to backstock 20+ pallets of toy transition.

Realistically you should just set ahead and go right to the floor. Backstocking large transitions shouldn’t happen.
My toys are set . But best practice is you backstock no trapping unless is rear and mini .

That's kind of a ridiculous request from HQ when they are cutting everyone's hours by half. Let's make the team do more work, but at the same time, let's cut their hours!
I agree . That’s why is best to set early . In my case we always set early im the etl for inbound and plano so since I have to push it might as well set it before it comes in .

In my department they have been pre-tieing the POGS before the product even shows up.

Therefore when it does show it either shows up as an OOS or a huge priority pull.

I have also noticed have the floor locations for a POG don't even exist frequently.

I either delete said floor location or drop the capacity.

If you set the POG that TM should pull it and not just leave it for me to do WITH NO NOTICE.

Not best practice . Unless is mini and rear .
Best practice isn't always the best in actual practice.

If a set is more than 2 weeks out, and transition freight is trickling in at a reasonable rate, we'll backstock it.

If we're getting flooded with the set a week or less out, we're palletizing it because it's coming right out shortly anyway. Wasted payroll imho doing extra work. It also has the side benefit of knowing our leaders aren't making us waste our time when we can be doing more productive things that actually matter for our guests.

Best practice isn't always the best in actual practice.

If a set is more than 2 weeks out, and transition freight is trickling in at a reasonable rate, we'll backstock it.

If we're getting flooded with the set a week or less out, we're palletizing it because it's coming right out shortly anyway. Wasted payroll imho doing extra work. It also has the side benefit of knowing our leaders aren't making us waste our time when we can be doing more productive things that actually matter for our guests.
Is it going to change your paycheck if you do best practice ? No right ?

Is it going to change your paycheck if you do best practice ? No right ?
I get paid the same regardless, of course.

Will the store make more money if I pull priorities, audit, (insert any other thing that increases store sales) instead of deboxing and backstocking pallets of product that will be repulled and taken care of shortly anyway?

How much extra time are you going to spend backstocking & pulling product when it could all just be done 1 time? Our store is big on not doing extra work if we don't have to. It takes the same amount of time to debox anyway, why waste the extra time if you don't need to?

We take minimum 2 trucks a night, usually 3, and going to be 4+ coming up soon. We don't need extra work.

Not best practice . Unless is mini and rear .
My toys are set . But best practice is you backstock no trapping unless is rear and mini .
That’s not true though. You’re spreading misinformation. Anything listed under the pretie schedule is considered a large transition and best practice if you read the “managing transition freight” page on workbench is states it’s best practice to trap, sort and fly any pre tied merchandise which is a lot more than mini and season. Like I said originally any large transition should be trapped and smaller ones backstocked.

If that’s what works best for you that’s great but stop trying to convince people something is best practice just because you think it’s right when workbench clearly states something different. It’s okay to have an opinion but just say that.

Last edited:
That’s not true though. You’re spreading misinformation. Anything listed under the pretie schedule is considered a large transition and best practice if you read the “managing transition freight” page on workbench is states it’s best practice to trap, sort and fly any pre tied merchandise which is a lot more than mini and season. Like I said originally any large transition should be trapped and smaller ones backstocked.

If that’s what works best for you that’s great but stop trying to convince people something is best practice just because you think it’s right when workbench clearly states something different. It’s okay to have an opinion but just say that.
I don’t think it’s right tho . Maybe is a group thing . I just work for target and do what I’m told my paycheck won’t change if they chose one way or the other .
I got caught doing that by Joe Contrucci and got eaten alive

I don’t think it’s right tho . Maybe is a group thing . I just work for target and do what I’m told my paycheck won’t change if they chose one way or the other .
I got caught doing that by Joe Contrucci and got eaten alive
Our store just had a walk with Joe and he didn't have an issue with it. Maybe an ASANTS thing if leaders can speak to it?

Back