No pre-tie locations on transition freight?

I agree . That’s why is best to set early . In my case we always set early im the etl for inbound and plano so since I have to push it might as well set it before it comes in .

How many TMs do you have to set toys? Are they setting overnight or dayside? We have 1, maybe a 2nd person to help set during the day. Setting early in time before freight comes in is not an option for most stores. If I have at least 4 good setters with full shifts overnight then I can see this idea happening.

Last edited:
How many TMs do you have to set toys? Are they setting overnight or dayside? We have 1, maybe a 2nd person to help set during the day. Setting early in time before freight comes in is not an option for most stores. If I have at least 4 good setters with full shifts overnight then I can see this idea happening.
2 and yes they are overnight. But we started last week and finished on Sunday .

I don’t think it’s right tho . Maybe is a group thing . I just work for target and do what I’m told my paycheck won’t change if they chose one way or the other .
I got caught doing that by Joe Contrucci and got eaten alive
Again you if it works for you that’s great but it’s not best practice. The entire point of the pretie system is to sort off the trailer. If they wanted you to backstock everything they wouldn’t ask you to pretie. All I’m saying is make sure you actually read workbench and best practices before you go around telling someone they’re wrong when you don’t even know what best practice is in this situation.

You are 100% knowledge and often have the correct information but it’s really frustrating when someone tells you you’re wrong and you refuse to admit it and just argue with them saying no. It’s okay to be wrong and it’s okay to have an opinion but you often come across extremely rude and judgmental and that’s not productive for a conversation.

Not best practice . Unless is mini and rear .
Yes it is. That's the whole reason HQ publishes a pre tie schedule. Field leadership may want something different but best practice is you ha e the option of trapping transition or backstocking, and it's expected to be trapped in medium or high case count transitions.

I agree . That’s why is best to set early . In my case we always set early im the etl for inbound and plano so since I have to push it might as well set it before it comes in .

The best option is to set early sure, 3 weeks ahead best case scenario if you have the "resources" and a competant SD. Reality... stores with 1-2 presentation team members can't because those extra hours goes into helping GM with sales planners and revisions due for the week. I know it's not best practice to help GM with their workload, but if their only getting 4 hours a day in their dept, we have no choice but to help sometimes.

In my department lately I have noticed them setting a POG knowing the item isn't in the store yet.

Therefore later they either drop a crap load of Priority Pulls and/or OOS into my pulls.

In other cases the floor location is not where to be found.

In my department lately I have noticed them setting a POG knowing the item isn't in the store yet.

Therefore later they either drop a crap load of Priority Pulls and/or OOS into my pulls.

In other cases the floor location is not where to be found.

If the item isn't in the store yet it shouldn't drop into priority pulls- it would go truck to floor once it arrives. And if it's not, that isn't an issue with whoever set the pog, but the person who didn't work the truck push correctly.

The best option is to set early sure, 3 weeks ahead best case scenario if you have the "resources" and a competant SD. Reality... stores with 1-2 presentation team members can't because those extra hours goes into helping GM with sales planners and revisions due for the week. I know it's not best practice to help GM with their workload, but if their only getting 4 hours a day in their dept, we have no choice but to help sometimes.
key words and not often the case: "COMPETENT SD"

I get paid the same regardless, of course.

Will the store make more money if I pull priorities, audit, (insert any other thing that increases store sales) instead of deboxing and backstocking pallets of product that will be repulled and taken care of shortly anyway?

How much extra time are you going to spend backstocking & pulling product when it could all just be done 1 time? Our store is big on not doing extra work if we don't have to. It takes the same amount of time to debox anyway, why waste the extra time if you don't need to?

We take minimum 2 trucks a night, usually 3, and going to be 4+ coming up soon. We don't need extra work.
I am a high volume store as well . I guess I’m looking at it from my side of the store where we actually have a team plus leader just to backstock as well as a team and tl for priorities.

I hear you . I don’t know how they expect everything done in 4h . Unless gm doesn’t push truck , but even then they would have pc , audits , rfid , backing up cashiers . So not fisible

I would agree, Joe is a real one. One of the few SVPs that has a personality and understands the reality. Glad he is back as an RVP just odd it is in R200 when he has always been a R100 or HQ guy.
Simultaneously he's a hard ass with metrics. One of the ones that wants things like 99% BRLA and 95% fill. And he was a R200 GVP a long while ago before they reorganized region alignments.

Simultaneously he's a hard ass with metrics. One of the ones that wants things like 99% BRLA and 95% fill. And he was a R200 GVP a long while ago before they reorganized region alignments.
He has always been an operation guy so not to odd for him to want all those metrics high . But yeah he understands the business more than others I would say

Joe was mean mugging it up with the championship belt they made for our store having the highest single day sales in the company's history last year.

He didn't come overnight though for us to meet, but day side Leaders said he was great.

I am a high volume store as well . I guess I’m looking at it from my side of the store where we actually have a team plus leader just to backstock as well as a team and tl for priorities.
Aren't you on the Merch Ops pilot? We don't have that luxury unfortunately.

He has always been an operation guy so not to odd for him to want all those metrics high . But yeah he understands the business more than others I would say
If he's an operations guy, he'd know that 99% BRLA isn't possible unless you're cheating the system or have a backroom team. Since most stores aren't in the pilot for merchandise operations, that just leaves cheating.

If the item isn't in the store yet it shouldn't drop into priority pulls- it would go truck to floor once it arrives. And if it's not, that isn't an issue with whoever set the pog, but the person who didn't work the truck push correctly.
We don't get truck everyday so I think these POGs are set after the push is done.

The OOS usually stems from tieing an existing item to another location.

Like a mentioned sometimes that second location isn't even there yet.

That being said in the past usually the TM that ties a POG pulls it and don't leave it for someone else to do with any notice.

I am always suspicious of pulling more than five or six item anyway.

Thanks. I meant that for the signing thread. I hate that mini is going to sit empty but they pushed back the trap release at the last minute

Back