Archived Instocks question

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTION regarding RIGs: Why don't they match capacity to the location so that I can accurately assess whether the capacity is correct without chasing down every location and adding them up to see if the capacity is correct???? It makes me crazy!! How do you handle this?

If it's only 2 or 3, I go look. If it's many (batteries, checklane items), skip-capacity incorrect. Sorry, you cut my team from 5 to 2, I don't have time to count candy bars.

What makes me crazy is when we have Checklane RIGs and they want us to count prepaid cards. The system sends us to 12/20 registers, without sending us to the other 8. Now only the counts from the 12 are recorded and I now have to count 20 checklanes worth of Itunes Cards on the Drastic Count report. Fun stuff...

What makes me crazy is when we have Checklane RIGs and they want us to count prepaid cards. The system sends us to 12/20 registers, without sending us to the other 8. Now only the counts from the 12 are recorded and I now have to count 20 checklanes worth of Itunes Cards on the Drastic Count report. Fun stuff...

What? Why? I go to every register unless it doesn't have it. Are they all tied right?

You know, that's a good question. It just seems to me that sometimes they DO go to all registers and sometimes they don't. And when the drastic count report flags anything that equals $250 or more (which a 6+ discrepancy on a $50 prepaid card will do). I am new in the Instocks TL role still so I may have to do a little digging.

Prepaid cards are the worst. Especially when they flag for drastic count since they have no value until activated!

MIRs issued for them are just as bad if not worse. So much scanning!

QUESTION regarding RIGs: Why don't they match capacity to the location so that I can accurately assess whether the capacity is correct without chasing down every location and adding them up to see if the capacity is correct???? It makes me crazy!! How do you handle this?

If it's only 2 or 3, I go look. If it's many (batteries, checklane items), skip-capacity incorrect. Sorry, you cut my team from 5 to 2, I don't have time to count candy bars.

Hahaha - I am not going to know if the capacity is incorrect because D) There are too many to count.

Time for a tie audit and/or check on the sales floor pathing. You should be going to every checklane.

Protip: Count all location for the checklanes rigs and enter it in on the first checklane location. Then enter 0 for each subsequent location for those items. It will avoid the items appearing on the drastic count report.

How does your Instocks team handle dairy? Maybe it's just my store and the fact that they can never remember that the majority of dairy is vendor, but one of our instocks TM's was fussing at me today because some of our vendor dairy was showing up on her drastic count report. :p I mean, I know our STL liked to scan the stuff when it was empty (I told him to stop but to no avail), but it can't be that hard to tell the other Instocks TMs, "This is vendor. This is not. Scan this, not that". Her solution was to propose having pFresh scan all dairy ourselves and have them quit doing it all together but I was like, um, no, it's not that hard to figure out what's yours and what's mine. And doesn't the label say DSD on it anyway? :p

Protip: Count all location for the checklanes rigs and enter it in on the first checklane location. Then enter 0 for each subsequent location for those items. It will avoid the items appearing on the drastic count report.

I don't do this because it negates the "checks and balances" role of the IS team. If it's on the report it will show that all locations are not being stocked.

How does your Instocks team handle dairy? Maybe it's just my store and the fact that they can never remember that the majority of dairy is vendor, but one of our instocks TM's was fussing at me today because some of our vendor dairy was showing up on her drastic count report. :p I mean, I know our STL liked to scan the stuff when it was empty (I told him to stop but to no avail), but it can't be that hard to tell the other Instocks TMs, "This is vendor. This is not. Scan this, not that". Her solution was to propose having pFresh scan all dairy ourselves and have them quit doing it all together but I was like, um, no, it's not that hard to figure out what's yours and what's mine. And doesn't the label say DSD on it anyway? :p

Our team has to report the aisles that we scanned each day. If there are too many errors or rainchecks/subs not made, etc. by an IStm it will result in coaching.

RIGS serve a variety of other purposes than count updates and rainchecks. A good part of your stores data integrity is accumulated and scored based on your response to RIGS. Ever get a RIG for an item that has 10 OH, a shelf capacity of 8 and 0 in location as backstock? I absolutely agree with skipping checklane RIGS but thats about the only ones I skip. It is much more accurate to just do a physical inventory and update it in SA research. Dairy is almost all from your FDC truck, not vendor(except for milk in plastic containers) Not only should you be doing research their but multiple times per week(ideally right after you push and backstock your FDC truck) to order what your running out of so its on your next truck.

RIGS serve a variety of other purposes than count updates and rainchecks. A good part of your stores data integrity is accumulated and scored based on your response to RIGS. Ever get a RIG for an item that has 10 OH, a shelf capacity of 8 and 0 in location as backstock? I absolutely agree with skipping checklane RIGS but thats about the only ones I skip. It is much more accurate to just do a physical inventory and update it in SA research. Dairy is almost all from your FDC truck, not vendor(except for milk in plastic containers) Not only should you be doing research their but multiple times per week(ideally right after you push and backstock your FDC truck) to order what your running out of so its on your next truck.

We have been told that we MUST wait 20 minutes after backstocking is completed before doing any fresh/frozen research.

We have been told that we MUST wait 20 minutes after backstocking is completed before doing any fresh/frozen research.

Gosh!

we don't do the pre paid cards. we are just told to hit bad zoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back