Archived Instocks Scanning Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three, with only two working at any given time, and I'm the only one who works on Sundays.
Oh. I thought you would've had more people with such short shifts given. With 3 people including myself I get 2-3 7-8hour shifts and 2-3 under meal required (5 hour) shifts still

Oh. I thought you would've had more people with such short shifts given. With 3 people including myself I get 2-3 7-8hour shifts and 2-3 under meal required (5 hour) shifts still
Well you're lucky for sure. My etl has been trying to get us more hours, but with no avail

All of you knowledgeable instocks peeps. I've been training for a few weeks, please explain the process and what it all means. I did RIGS the other day and the next day my coworker was like "I'll take care of rigs" you go zone H&B. She won't tell me if I screwed something up. I did have to enter a lot of 'can't find item' but things are so shittily zoned or plannoed that the rig will say it's on a shelf and all there are are hanging pegs - of course I say 'can't find' because there isn't a proper location. Am I screwing things up??

Also, when I scan does it immediately show up in the pulls? What is a CAF? When do I flex items and are printed price tags needed on all things flexed? When do I use the flippy labels?? We've done something different just about everyday I have worked instocks so it's really hard for me to get a grasp on how and why things are supposed to be done. Really wish someone would post an updated instocks guide with target terms explained.

All of you knowledgeable instocks peeps. I've been training for a few weeks, please explain the process and what it all means. I did RIGS the other day and the next day my coworker was like "I'll take care of rigs" you go zone H&B. She won't tell me if I screwed something up. I did have to enter a lot of 'can't find item' but things are so shittily zoned or plannoed that the rig will say it's on a shelf and all there are are hanging pegs - of course I say 'can't find' because there isn't a proper location. Am I screwing things up??

Also, when I scan does it immediately show up in the pulls? What is a CAF? When do I flex items and are printed price tags needed on all things flexed? When do I use the flippy labels?? We've done something different just about everyday I have worked instocks so it's really hard for me to get a grasp on how and why things are supposed to be done. Really wish someone would post an updated instocks guide with target terms explained.

ASANTS for sure in this regard.

In my store we do not skip any RIGs unless it just won't clear after updating the count. If we can't find it in the proper place, on untied end cap locations, or anywhere close, typically 0 the count. (Large enough difference to matter, it will show up on the drastic count report to be fixed later basically) If it's poorly zoned and mixed with a lot of other things that are similar (looking at mac & cheese, canned goods etc) I'll just type in the amount that should on the floor (On Hands - In the Back if it looks plausible) and make a note of it to get the area fixed. Ask your TL or your trainer what they want you to do in those situations.

For the shelf location vs all pegs issue, check to see if the item is on a POG that was just tied and perhaps not set yet by the plano team. (Second info page on mydevice towards the bottom) If that is the case, I just keep the count the same.

Flexing should only occur on end caps or MPG pogs (red POG tag) or specifically over a discontinued item that you are 100% sold out of. Theoretically every flexed item should have a new tag printed and be store tied AFAIK. Flip labels should be used if the item that is being flexed over will be replenished and end up back in that location such as on an end cap. TBH though I've only really ever seen them used in entertainment and even that has stopped for the most part (though the flexing is worse than ever)

We don't zone (unless its just one of those problem areas that nobody else ever fixes) as In-Stocks at my store so no help there.

When you update counts on items and there are backroom locations it will drop into a batch to be pulled. If it's from a Low & Empty task on the list it'll drop into an IS- batch otherwise just a RCH(?) batch that will appear on the myDevice to be closed when it is done (when you're leaving that department). It doesn't create the pull batch immediately but after some interval to have the pulls grouped together by general department.
A CAF is computer generated autofill (vs manual that backroom can create). The computer compares sales floor quantity of items (On Floor count) vs the capacity available on the floor and if it passes a threshold it will put it in a batch to be pulled to replenish what guests are purchasing.

My very general routine as In-Stocks based on a 8hr schedule: 7-11 (or whenever it's done) work the tasklist. If done early check with LOD and see if any specific areas need to be researched (diapers, etc). 11-12/12:30 Drastic count report then lunch. Post lunch projects as determined by LOD etc or push from the line.
I know other stores have someone peel off from the group sometime into the tasklist to start pulling the research if BR doesn't but we typically don't do that at my store.

If I am wrong on any of this, someone feel free to correct me. (And does anyone else even work the drastic count report?)

(And does anyone else even work the drastic count report?)
I make it a priority to work them everyday. Although, with the cut hours I may not get to them everyday. In that event, when I do them I make sure to get the oldest ones before they are on there seven days and we get dinged for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back