Archived Instocks team not finishing daily tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the new instocks process rolled out, my team has had a tough time getting all outs shot on most days. Our RIGs are insane, usually taking one of my team members most of a shift to get through. My main concern is on all scan days: tuesday is all of dry grocery, softlines, and pfresh; wednesday is all of hardlines. We usually have a truck wednesday mornings and so the flow team is not always done pushing an area and ready for the instocks team to shoot through. I'm spread pretty thin on my instocks team and since I also handle backroom duties, I am not able to spend much time with the instocks team. Any instocks tips or clarification I can give?

From my years on the Instocks team, I can tell you this: it's not gonna happen. At least not the way it's supposed to. In a perfect world where every shelf is zoned to POG it would be easier. Tell your team to shoot it like an ETL would. Don't give a crap about accuracy & it'll get done. Hope that helps.

in situations like this I go with the truth of all truths: Fake it 'til you make it. As long as your numbers are good and the ETL is happy with the numbers no on will care. The new and improved Instock process soon to be the new new Instock process does not mesh well with the Flow teams process. the latest and greatest best practice for Instocks that I have seen says that the process should not start until the truck has been pushed and backstocked. Which would mean most days Instocks would not be able to start doing the voodoo that they do until some time after 0930 hours. SO that would mean no matter what they are doing they would need to be done by 1100h. Not going to happen. Most of our process negatively impact every other process to the point that no one can get their job done correctly. So in conclusion: Fake it 'til you make it

the latest and greatest best practice for Instocks that I have seen says that the process should not start until the truck has been pushed and backstocked. Which would mean most days Instocks would not be able to start doing the voodoo that they do until some time after 0930 hours.

If we waited until the truck was pushed and backstocked, we would literally never start. The push-all process is terrible.

Rigs just keep knocking them down, maybe splitting them up if your crew scans the same parts of the store everyday have them handle the Rigs for those sections. I know I can shoot them faster in soft lines than my partner can, he can breeze through electronics. For areas you can't scan because of push/backstock catch it later, next day a couple days later. On areas the zone is crap shoot outs and move through it quickly. Areas that need zone partner if you can with the closing zoned(one can hope) that they detail as much as possible for your research the next day. But in general - you are F'd.

Because Target has no communication at the HQ level you will see instocks roll out a new process that will be completely screwed up by the latested flow team process. The entire thing is one big mess and so everybody just fakes it because telling your DTL your numbers are bad because HQ has their heads up their asses is not going to work out well. If your not faking, it looks like you are the one doing something wrong. Hell of a way to run things eh?

Latest direction to instocks from Connie, Tina is that instocks should start their scans regardless of push process. They are to scan around the flow team if need be to get the scans done. Push process is supposed to work around them work the areas they are scanning first, obviously softlines is an issue regardless.

Our Etl- Operations, who is in charge of the Instocks Team makes us scan past 11AM if we are not finished with the task list. Tuesdays we scan all of Hardlines except for market. Wednesday is market & Softlines. Tuesdays & Wednesdays we have 4 InStock team members who come and scan. I was told from the Instock team lead, if the aisle is bad to skip it, write down the aisle number and give it to the TL who is in charge of that area and tell them it needs to be zoned/ superzoned. Our issue at my store is we're dropping batches and no one in the backroom is pulling it. by the time we come back from lunch theres usually between 40-50 RSCH batches in the gun along with our PTM batches that we end up having to pull. sometimes we are not able to finish pulling out batches because we usually always end up helping pull the CAFS

40-50 RSCH batches? Holy crap that's a lot. We might get 15 batches on a heavy day.

40-50 RSCH batches? Holy crap that's a lot. We might get 15 batches on a heavy day.

Batches or pulls? I know we have a lot more batches than we get as pulls.

Scary is that they have no pulling for them. That is just stupid.

So it's getting worse. We have ETLs and TLs shooting outs. I mean shouldn't this be a sign?! Isn't anyone asking why outs aren't getting shot by IS?! It's nothing that can't be fixed with proper scheduling.

So it's getting worse. We have ETLs and TLs shooting outs. I mean shouldn't this be a sign?! Isn't anyone asking why outs aren't getting shot by IS?! It's nothing that can't be fixed with proper scheduling.

Yeah I quit when they start shooting for us. Cause they have no idea what we do.

i would like to ask someone from instocks a Q. I notice when i do rigs, and it takes me to a check lane. For ex) It says go to CL5 to scan beef jerky, and it says OH 80, am i supposed to count all the CLS that have beef jerky or just that CL? Someone from my store just said count that CL, but they usually only have like 7. I don't want to mess up the process lol. So i thought i would ask here.

i would like to ask someone from instocks a Q. I notice when i do rigs, and it takes me to a check lane. For ex) It says go to CL5 to scan beef jerky, and it says OH 80, am i supposed to count all the CLS that have beef jerky or just that CL? Someone from my store just said count that CL, but they usually only have like 7. I don't want to mess up the process lol. So i thought i would ask here.
You are only supposed to count for that lane. Odds are, it will take you to every one and count that too. Now, that being said, I never did that. I would go to the first one, scan it enter the OH, then for every other one of the exact same item I entered zero. There was just too many reasons NOT to count stuff at the checklanes. If no one was watching, I never even went physically to the other lanes. Just stood at the first one scanning the same items over and over but saying aisle done. RIGS at the check lanes are a colossal waste of time. As to getting everything done...yeah it's not gonna happen with the process how it is. Fake it.

@riossez , how many RIGs are you getting? I'm on the new process too and I'm seeing around 60, maybe 70. And most of those aren't items need a raincheck but checking what's on the shelf. As for finishing our general scanning each day, that's a crapshoot. For truck days I think you're supposed to just scan regardless of what has or hasn't been pushed; start in the areas flow's finished in and follow their wave. Otherwise it is pretty much move fast and do what you can.

I know for our store our scan-all weekends have lousy workrates: I don't remember the last time we got through the whole store in 2 days. Days using the tasklist get finished, even if some days its probably somebody just hitting "research done" without looking.

What I do is just enter the number for that location because chances are the list is going to have you scan the other locations for that product. So far nobody's talked to me about doing it wrong but then again that might be because nobody knows what is going on in instocks. Had an ELT/SrTL (I can't tell who's who) tell me the new process scared them. And we're between ETL-Logistics again which doesn't help...

"Key what you see" at the location it brings you to. If the POGs are tied correctly, it should bring you to every sales floor location for that item. "Key what you see" at each location. Keep in mind multiple pegs on one aisle count as one location.

We don't even have a Instocks team, usually the task doesn't get refreshed at 9 when they drop so myProgress on the PDA is still showing the last time someone did the task list. I'll do it sometimes, but I'm so busy with POG it takes up too much time.

Circle9, in a Rig/reaearch it will show the total capacity for that product, not each location. So key what you have for that peg, shelf, bin. Rigs will know it's that one location. In research it should ask you for why POG so the system knows what is where.

How many hours does your Instocks team get a week? I would say 33% of your hours should be spent on EACH rescan day (in the form of short shifts only during your actual scan times). Each other day is SO easy. I mean all they need to do is RIGs and Endcaps on Monday, Thursday, and Friday (which has some RSCH tasks as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back