Archived Integrated Guest Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard rumors that our GS area may become the site-to-store stockroom. Just heard we were having our guest service moved to the lanes in the near future. Would like to see photo lab there, as I send lots of guests to Walgreens down the street. Also a Target Mobil kiosk would be nice, as I am looking for a new phone and hoping to avoid Best Buy.

Last edited:
That makes sense, except for the distance from the backroom of course. I wonder who would be responsible for bringing the stuff from the BR to the SD?

That makes sense, except for the distance from the backroom of course. I wonder who would be responsible for bringing the stuff from the BR to the SD?

Perhaps the logistics team would move the merchandise before store opening?

What about after store opening? I feel like I already know the answer; BR will do everything except POS.

What about after store opening? I feel like I already know the answer; BR will do everything except POS.

At Walmart, there is a person whose job it is to get the merchandise from the backroom and also cash out the customer when they come to pick up the merchandise. Then again, Walmart already had registers set up in the back from when they had layaway. They have a PDA that alerts them when an order is received by the store and when the customer has come to pick up the merchandise. I think they work on the sales floor when there are no customers, but I'm not sure. Sometimes, the customer has already paid online so it's just a matter of the dot.com employee telling the system that the customer picked up the merchandise. Walmart allows customers to pay online or in the store.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've done it at Walmart before. All I know is that as soon as it's up and running, and I'm off, I'm gonna place a huge order right at 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back