Interesting job averages

The median number of years a wage and salary worker have worked for their current employer is 4.6 years. But the longevity varies by age and occupation. The median age for workers age 25 to 34 is 3.2 years and for workers 65 and older it is 10.3 years. Workers in management or professional type occupations had the highest tenure at 5.5 years while workers in service occupations had the lowest at 3.2 years. So if you change jobs every 3 to 5 years you would be in the average. By contrast the median tenure for a CEO is 5 years. Brian Cornell joined target in August 2014. I think he stays this last year and moves on to something else. Any opinions?

Very interesting Observation.
His CEO tenure has always been shorter than median : Safeway 3 yrs, Michael's 2 yrs, Sam’s 3 years, PepsiCo 2 years.
I thought modernization was laid out with a 5 yr plan, so yes, coming to an end.
is there an insider who is ready to step in position ?

Very interesting Observation.
His CEO tenure has always been shorter than median : Safeway 3 yrs, Michael's 2 yrs, Sam’s 3 years, PepsiCo 2 years.
I thought modernization was laid out with a 5 yr plan, so yes, coming to an end.
is there an insider who is ready to step in position ?

Or maybe he doesn't want to be the one around if/when it fails?

Back