Archived Interview for TL tips/questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be interviewing to become a Hardlines TL soon. I have been conducting mock interviews with several of my ETLs and just recently with my STL. My STL thinks I am pretty solid I just have to fine tune a few things. I was just wondering if anyone here had tips for the actual interviews, particularly with the DTL. My DTL is pretty nice, intimidating at times, but nice none the less. Thanks!

This is relevant to my interests.

Nope! Keep with your etl on mock interviews. We aren't allow to answer those questions. Be ready for what if you were...

While we aren't allowed to post specific interview questions, there's nothing wrong with posting generalized questions and ideal answers, along with other interview strategies.

I've got a TL interview on Monday with my STL. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's very important that you focus on:

1) (Obviously) The situation: What happened? Why is it relevant?

2) What did you learn from it? Expound on that. Show why this particular situation helped you grow and develop as a leader/individual. So someone punched you in the face? How did that black-eye teach you about leadership/retail/life? Obviously an overly dramatic statement, but you get the idea. Explain, in detail, why this situation helped you develop.

3) How is this going to help your future ability as a leader? So that guy punched you in the face, how do you use that in the future? How does this black-eye make you a better TL at Target? This portion is intended to show how you can apply lessons in a forward manner.

Does that all make sense? Feel free to PM if it doesn't.

That does all make perfect sense. In fact, I really know all of this stuff already, as some of these sorts of things are a bit obvious, you know? I guess I just want to make sure I'm surepremely prepared for it all.

Just passed all 4 of my interviews ! I'm excited :) Sales Floor Team Leader :)

Yup. Just the DTL to go. No word on that yet, but we'll see.

You got this. Ideally its only 3 INTERVIEW questions but I was ask a lot of questions outside the guide.
Like how would I handle certain situations, who's the best/worst ETL <- that one shocked me so good! I was like :eek:!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back