Archived Interview for TL tips/questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I could answer a question about whos the best/worst ETL. It seems like such an obvious, easy question, but they all suck in their own way. ;)

It has been too long! I appreciate people wanting to help through PM! I've been extremely busy so I will be PMing some peeps. I have been meeting with my STL again. I won't go to specific but the number one thing I still have to work on for my interviews is my rambling. Its not horrible but I tend to ramble a bit. Anyone have tips on getting answers concise and specific?

just be very confident in all you answers and professional ...try to say what you done for the store and not just your area, know your strengths and opportunities. and speak more as a leader not a hard worker...remember STL's dont just sent anyone to interview with their boss because you in a way is representing (his/She/yours) store...you proof to your stl that you are a great hardworker and he/she saw leadership in you...Now all you have to do is tell your dtl about it

write down your examples(situations) into a paragraph...then Summarized your answer into one sentence...GET TO THE POINT.-----"this is what happend----..this is how i solve it---this is was the result"

Take a breath; think before you speak; keep it short & to-the-point.

I finally got some feedback on my interviews (took 'em long enough!). They said that they want to send to me to the DTL within the next 30 to 60 days. My interviews were pretty good, and they already know that I'm capable of doing the job, but they want to make sure that the last interview is just a formality more than anything else.

Congrats and good luck. Hope everything goes your way.

Alright, I need some clarification please! I had my interview with my STL. He loved me and my interview and thought I did awesome. When he came to me to tell me about the interview he told me to have me carry forth the interview with him as if he was my DTL. Now, like I said, it went great and he approved of it all. Now my ETL I have been working with told me that I just have to meet with my ETL-HR to have me signed off. This is where I get confused. I thought that I can't get signed off until I meet with my DTL. Is there like a level of sign off where person A has to sign off me off before Person B signs me off to Person C? Is there ever an occasion where a DTL interview is not required? My only guess is that with it being crazy and it will only get worse they just want to push me through? Also, I think it is unconventional so far in terms of how I have done my interviews. I had my interview with my STL first. Isn't the STL supposed to be 3rd with ETL and then ETL - HR then STL? Any advice would be so helpful! The only thing I don't like about this process is that I feel like I am left in the dark a lot. I have different people telling different things and I just have no straight answer on what is going on. Sorry for the rant.

If you pass the interview with your dtl, it's all good. Stop worrying, about what if! Change it too, I did it & no one can stop me now.

We've been so busy with the usual 4th quarter bull************ that we've had no time to do any interview prep thus far...as I sorta expected.

Alright, I need some clarification please! I had my interview with my STL. He loved me and my interview and thought I did awesome. When he came to me to tell me about the interview he told me to have me carry forth the interview with him as if he was my DTL. Now, like I said, it went great and he approved of it all. Now my ETL I have been working with told me that I just have to meet with my ETL-HR to have me signed off. This is where I get confused. I thought that I can't get signed off until I meet with my DTL. Is there like a level of sign off where person A has to sign off me off before Person B signs me off to Person C? Is there ever an occasion where a DTL interview is not required? My only guess is that with it being crazy and it will only get worse they just want to push me through? Also, I think it is unconventional so far in terms of how I have done my interviews. I had my interview with my STL first. Isn't the STL supposed to be 3rd with ETL and then ETL - HR then STL? Any advice would be so helpful! The only thing I don't like about this process is that I feel like I am left in the dark a lot. I have different people telling different things and I just have no straight answer on what is going on. Sorry for the rant.

Same here, I was interviewed a couple weeks ago, and my STL was one of my first two interviews (which were back-to-back) I always thought that he would be the third?

I do have somewhat revealing questions to ask as far as identifiers go, is there a recent TL hire or someone who is familiar with the process that can PM me that can clear some things up?

Same here, I was interviewed a couple weeks ago, and my STL was one of my first two interviews (which were back-to-back) I always thought that he would be the third?

I do have somewhat revealing questions to ask as far as identifiers go, is there a recent TL hire or someone who is familiar with the process that can PM me that can clear some things up?

*waves*

I will be interviewing to become a Hardlines TL soon. I have been conducting mock interviews with several of my ETLs and just recently with my STL. My STL thinks I am pretty solid I just have to fine tune a few things. I was just wondering if anyone here had tips for the actual interviews, particularly with the DTL. My DTL is pretty nice, intimidating at times, but nice none the less. Thanks!

The reality in my district is, if you make it to the DTL interviews, you've got it in the bag. They wont even pass you to him/her unless your store team gives the okay. My interview with the DTL involved only 2 behavioral questions and then 15 minutes of quick talk about my family, my goals, my career, etc. Be yourself, and you'll make it for sure!

Alright I had my other two interviews with my ETL - HL and ETL - HR. Yesterday when I was in for overnight ad set for black Friday, my ETL - HR said she has dates for me to go see my DTL! She was leaving so I am going to see her on Saturday and see which dates work out! I am thoroughly excited!

Alright I had my other two interviews with my ETL - HL and ETL - HR. Yesterday when I was in for overnight ad set for black Friday, my ETL - HR said she has dates for me to go see my DTL! She was leaving so I am going to see her on Saturday and see which dates work out! I am thoroughly excited!

Good luck!

Alright, got my interview date finally! I am to interview with our district HR next Monday! I can't wait! I am excited but freaking out at the same time, but, I think I'll be fine.

I'm still waiting for them to do my interview prep so they can send me to my DTL. I know its 4th quarter, and we're busy, but when you say that you want to send me to the DTL in 30 to 60 days, then maybe should stand by that a little bit. I'm starting to think they were jerking me around.

Frizzo, if there is one thing I have learned throughout this whole entire process is being patient. I learned that being patient through it all caused me to be less angry or freaked out. It might and possibly will take time, but, in the long run, if you get it, it will be the ultimate reward!

Frizzo, if there is one thing I have learned throughout this whole entire process is being patient. I learned that being patient through it all caused me to be less angry or freaked out. It might and possibly will take time, but, in the long run, if you get it, it will be the ultimate reward!

Absolutely agree with this.

Trust me, I'm trying to be patient. It can just be difficult when you're worked hard for something, and it seems everyone else involved is shuffling their feet. Good advice none-the-less, however. Thanks.

Totally know how that felt. I got that and everyone that has been involved with me pretty much leaving me in the dark. I would meet with one person and they would just say I have to talk to person x,y,z. 2 weeks later they would get back to me. I would remind them about it but I am not one to badger to the point where anytime I would see them I would be all over asking them. Its really was frustrating and I felt like I was in the dark probably about 70% of the time in all honesty. I have been able to get through this so far by just thinking to myself "it it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, oh well." That's why when someone asks me if I am excited about my interview tomorrow, I just say "I'll be excited if and when I get it." In the mean time, come on here and talk about how your going and if there are any breakthroughs!

On that note, anyone have any last minute tips for a DTL interview? Thanks guys. This thread/board has been a TREMENDOUS help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back