Archived Interview question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much pull does a TL have during an interview for GSA compared to the ETLs and STL? If it were up to managment I would have a great chance to get the position otherwise I think my chances take a big hit. I was interviewed by the GSTL in this case.

It's always up to the ETL and STL. Depending on your store they may take suggestions from the TL but not always.

Um the way our store works is if the Tl doesn't like the person up for promotion then they probably won't get promoted.

Most stores I've seen operate on the basis that if the TL denies you on the final little check box on the interview form, you're done. Their idea I think is if you're not good enough to impress a TL you def won't be able to get approval from an ETL. But if you're going through internal interviews for GSA its possible an ETL may overrule a TL depending on the store culture. All stores I've been at would never bring in a GSA that a GSTL doesn't approve of.

I've seen people get stopped at the first level interview. But rarely. Most people aren't going to interview to work under someone who doesn't like them.

One other question. Sanzano mentioned on an earlier post that there is a check box at the end of the interview. Can multiple candidates get the "check" to move on to the next round? The reason I ask is that I have a good relationship with GSTL, but I percieve there to be a better relationship with one of the other candidates. If it were up to management, I feel I would get the nod, but because I work in a different workcenter my interactions with said GSTL are limited compared to the other candidate. Do the ETLs serve as somewhat of a tie breaker in such a circumstance that checks are given to multiple candidates?

My interviews for GSA were done by the ETL-GE and the STL, though from what I hear its usually the ETL-GE and the ETL-HR that do the GSA interviews though, but in my case the ETL-HR was on vacation so the STL stepped in. The GSTL's weren't involved in the process at all. I wouldn't be surprised if at somepoint during the process my TL in Softlines was asked about me would only make since but ultimately the decision is up to the STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back