Interviewing for ETL/TL roles, howdy! I've got some questions.

Hi there! I'm currently interviewing for ETL roles, and so I figured I'd come through here to see what was going on. I'm scared I might've botched interview 2 of 4. If you've got any tips, let me know! Anyways, for the STAR-format interviews, how should I increase the runtime of my answers? I feel like my answers aren't long enough. Could I submit multiple stories for a question? And what are the "3 core values" really? I feel like I've never heard much about this. Is this a new thing?

Last edited:
They are no longer star questions , it’s more of a dialogue.

Not sure what's going on then. For my first two interviews, it was Situation, Behavior, Outcome style questions. I'd call that basically STAR (jut merging situation and task)

Last edited:
Not sure what's going on then. For my first two interviews, it was Situation, Behavior, Outcome style questions. I'd call that basically STAR (jut merging situation and task)
That was before now it’s all about culture , inclusivity , how you retain talent , 30,60,90 check in , how you facilitate and elevate departments , what inspires and motivates you etc . As an etl you want next level thinking no longer how you finish truck , or price change or how fast you pick opu or how you get the sets done on time.

That was before now it’s all about culture , inclusivity , how you retain talent , 30,60,90 check in , how you facilitate and elevate departments , what inspires and motivates you etc . As an etl you want next level thinking no longer how you finish truck , or price change or how fast you pick opu or how you get the sets done on time.

Maybe my recruiter didn't get the memo. Thanks for the heads up though, if I move forward to the next round of interviews, I'll be sure to talk about this stuff.

Maybe my recruiter didn't get the memo. Thanks for the heads up though, if I move forward to the next round of interviews, I'll be sure to talk about this stuff.
Like I said next level thinking , because you will not have to run the process . Your job as an etl will be staffing your departments, scheduling , desired hours , retaining tm , lead thru your tl. Your contact with the team should be about building relationship and not talk about the workload .

Last edited:
Back