Archived Interviewing for GSA soon - I need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in this sort of position as well(interviewing to become a GSA). Target seems to take forever to go through the interview processes though, so it can be rather frustrating. Also, I sat down with my STL to go over interview stuff and it seemed to me like it went poorly (mostly because I was so nervous talking to my STL, and I was exhausted because I slept only 5 hours) but my ETL-GE said that it had went well. Anyways, I would say you should take the GSA position because it is a position where you WILL move up quickly if you are successful and show willingness to move to the next level (Assuming positions are opening up at a steady pace of course).

that's not true at all stores. In a three week span we posted a gsa position (left it posted for two weeks with that notice on it) interviewed the third week and hired the third week. We really needed a gsa though so it went fast.

I am in this sort of position as well(interviewing to become a GSA). Target seems to take forever to go through the interview processes though, so it can be rather frustrating. Also, I sat down with my STL to go over interview stuff and it seemed to me like it went poorly (mostly because I was so nervous talking to my STL, and I was exhausted because I slept only 5 hours) but my ETL-GE said that it had went well. Anyways, I would say you should take the GSA position because it is a position where you WILL move up quickly if you are successful and show willingness to move to the next level (Assuming positions are opening up at a steady pace of course).

I don't know how you're qualified to make that assumption since you're not (yet) a GSA...

I know because of the GSAs in my store that have advanced to GSTL and then to ETL in a rather short time. 2 years for one (GSA to ETL) and 4.5 years for another (TM to ETL). 4.5 years still isn't bad to go from TM to ETL.

Congrats.
Get ready to run screaming into the night. And that's just your first closing shift.

I know it is a lot more responsibility than AP but I find myself to be so much more comfortable doing this!:) That is a huge relief.

Well the GSTL who is training me was a GSA before she got the GSTL position. And at the same store. So while I acknowledge all of the negative and likely realistic comments, I have my eye on the prize.

Well the GSTL who is training me was a GSA before she got the GSTL position. And at the same store. So while I acknowledge all of the negative and likely realistic comments, I have my eye on the prize.

Doesn't matter. My gstl that I disliked so much used to be my GSA peer for about a year, and I would have classified her as a friend. To become a gstl you basically have to sell out.

Your day will come when they **** on you like a herd of elephants.

well your experience with a small group of people need not predict mine. In any case, I am at least getting some leadership experience with this that I can use in the future when I interview for a TL position whether or not it is a GSTL position.

well your experience with a small group of people need not predict mine. In any case, I am at least getting some leadership experience with this that I can use in the future when I interview for a TL position whether or not it is a GSTL position.
Okay, that's good. I'm glad you enjoy your move. Even though you had to demote yourself... If that floats your boat though... :)

Just don't say we didnt tell you if interviews for TL don't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back