Archived Interviewing For Style Team Lead Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I recently applied for the style TL job at my local store. Can anyone share with me what a style team lead does at target? Do they do anything with the manequins, signage etc or do they just do A&A stuff.

Thanks

Hello everyone, I recently applied for the style TL job at my local store. Can anyone share with me what a style team lead does at target? Do they do anything with the manequins, signage etc or do they just do A&A stuff.

Thanks

They help out with the unload/break out process, help with vmgs, motivate/educate tms to sell, manage fitting room, pricing and signing

Can anyone help with some of the acronyms? vmgs? DBOs?

Thanks

Can anyone help with some of the acronyms? vmgs? DBOs?

Thanks
F.O.L.D :- folding clothes.
H.A.N.G :- hanging clothes
F.R :- getting clothes from Fiting Room and then either folding them or hanging them.

VMG:- **guide for how to put pants on mannequins
DBO:- Person who folds and hangs in a designated area.

Last edited:
Not sure if ASANTS but I thought the new role for Style TL in the modernization operating model is:
‘Specialty Sales Team Leader’. Which would mean taking leadership of Softlines/Beauty/Electronics. Which seems like a LOT. Is that only in low volume stores ?

The job posting was posted 5-8-19 and still says style team leader

Humble TL aid messing with you, lmao. I’m not even in style and a VMG is not “someone who puts pants on mannequins”....

VMGs are visual merchandising guides I believe which are like pictures of how tables and things are supposed to look.

Visual merchandise experts are the ones who put pants on mannequins... but so do Style TMs at my store.. lmao

Not sure if ASANTS but I thought the new role for Style TL in the modernization operating model is:
‘Specialty Sales Team Leader’. Which would mean taking leadership of Softlines/Beauty/Electronics. Which seems like a LOT. Is that only in low volume stores ?
Low volume

VMG is a visual merchandising guide which pretty much tells you where fixtures are supposed to go and what items go where such as cardigans and dresses going on the wall or graphic tees and we usually get the guide a week or two before it sets so you can plan on any big fixture blocking changes.

DBO is a designated business owner pretty someone who does the daily tasks of one department, usually when the men's DBO comes in they assess the floor adress any mannequin nakedness, makes sure department is zoned, then they do go backs, followed by basics push and auditing, then metros, and lastly style racks.

VMG is a visual merchandising guide which pretty much tells you where fixtures are supposed to go and what items go where such as cardigans and dresses going on the wall or graphic tees and we usually get the guide a week or two before it sets so you can plan on any big fixture blocking changes.
Just be aware, you'll have half to 2/3 of the clothes the VMG calls for and most reasonable substitutions will be slated for another place in that same VMG, so you will be scrambling to fill racks with something that vaguely follows the pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back