Archived Interviewing for TL postion.. Seeking some advice/input..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorback

Instocks/Flow TM
I had an interview with my STL today, meeting with ETL-HR Friday.

I feel like my meeting with my STL went great. However the issue is that I have an interview with another company tomorrow for a unrelated position.

The other company is looking to hire a MIS assistant/PC Tech which is much more related to my field of study. I know that in the long run the position with the other company will be more beneficial to me, but of course there is no guarantee the other company will end up hiring me.

I've been looking for an IT job for several months now and I haven't found much.

So I'm just trying to figure out what I should do in this situation... Do I discuss any of this with my ETL-HR? What do I say if my store selects me for the TL position before I hear from this other company? I have a lot of completion for this TL position, so I know my supervisors aren't gonna want to wait around for me to hear from another company.

The only time you should tell your ETL-HR that you're thinking about quitting, is if you're giving an official notice. If they like you enough or think you're an extremely valuable asset, they'll try convincing you to stay, and maybe offer you a higher paying position; but, it's also very likely that they'll lose interest in you and start cutting your hours in an effort to push you out.

Every store operates just a little different, but i've seen this happen to 7 people in my store, and 5 of them were pushed out the door.

I agree with the advice in the topic. Do not say anything to HR (or anyone else for that matter) about your potential other job until it is concrete, you're hired and you have your first day scheduled. Once that is all done, do not feel guilty at all about telling Target that you found another opportunity. If you can, try to work out the scheduling so you can get a full two-week notice in for Target but again, you should be valuing that potential job a lot more and do everything in your power to give that priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back