Archived Inventory Prep

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a TL I ran the sales floor inventory prep last year,and I had no idea what I was doing.Fast forward a year later we are reading for another bout of inventory and our store has all new ETLs.I took it upon myself(as I'm trying to promote) decided to own the entire inventory process;thus volunteering myself to IVTL.

So I need to impress and make it go as smoothly as possible.I have already finished scheduling but in terms of what other tips or things I can do now to avoid issues down the road should I keep an eye out for?

Any tips will be welcomed.

Bumping this; I printed last year’s and this year’s inventory Grids. WAY WAY DIFFERENT. Is there a need to Salesfloor prep? I ran inventory two years in a row; I know BR/TPS is prepping, but is there ever a “no need to superzone the Salesfloor” mentality?

Edit: and before you ask, already asked if I needed to run it this year again. Thus my questions lol.

Last edited:
Bumping this; I printed last year’s and this year’s inventory Grids. WAY WAY DIFFERENT. Is there a need to Salesfloor prep? I ran inventory two years in a row; I know BR/TPS is prepping, but is there ever a “no need to superzone the Salesfloor” mentality?

Edit: and before you ask, already asked if I needed to run it this year again. Thus my questions lol.

For some departments, I'd argue that it's necessary. Cat food, for example.

As a TL I ran the sales floor inventory prep last year,and I had no idea what I was doing.Fast forward a year later we are reading for another bout of inventory and our store has all new ETLs.I took it upon myself(as I'm trying to promote) decided to own the entire inventory process;thus volunteering myself to IVTL.

So I need to impress and make it go as smoothly as possible.I have already finished scheduling but in terms of what other tips or things I can do now to avoid issues down the road should I keep an eye out for?

Any tips will be welcomed.
Including the backroom?

You better zone like your life depends on it Regis isn't doing the count this year. WiS is and you thought Regis was bad? lol.. Backroom with the new process people don't give two shits how stuff is thrown on the shelves so you better get labels faced out and counts on the boxes, pull clearance and salvage oh my god the salvage that came out. Softlines jebus an entire pallet of just clothing came out when they went through it.

Salesfloor same thing cause these people didn't scan each item, scan label count what is behind it. And label very clearly what isn't counted. And on workbench there is instructions on what areas they are and are not supposed to count like the OPU holds, SFS picked/waiting to ship. Pre-counts for your vendors get on them to get their pre-counts done. Shoes oh my god, the nightmare of shoes, they scanned boxes so if your store just tosses things in boxes but doesn't really care what is in the box, yeah you better get proper labels on those boxes.

Some of what my store didn't do and why they were in the store counting from 5pm until 12noon the next day. It was a shit show..

Have pricing team further all online/as is mdse every week before inventory.
We salvage the as-is and online stuff as we get it 😂 we get way too much random shit returned from online, I don’t have the space to make an endcap of online only odds and ends drapes that aren’t in retail packaging

Last edited:
You better zone like your life depends on it Regis isn't doing the count this year. WiS is and you thought Regis was bad? lol.. Backroom with the new process people don't give two shits how stuff is thrown on the shelves so you better get labels faced out and counts on the boxes, pull clearance and salvage oh my god the salvage that came out. Softlines jebus an entire pallet of just clothing came out when they went through it.

Salesfloor same thing cause these people didn't scan each item, scan label count what is behind it. And label very clearly what isn't counted. And on workbench there is instructions on what areas they are and are not supposed to count like the OPU holds, SFS picked/waiting to ship. Pre-counts for your vendors get on them to get their pre-counts done. Shoes oh my god, the nightmare of shoes, they scanned boxes so if your store just tosses things in boxes but doesn't really care what is in the box, yeah you better get proper labels on those boxes.

Some of what my store didn't do and why they were in the store counting from 5pm until 12noon the next day. It was a shit show..
Y I K E S

Also print the assortment papers

Backroom should be fine but my lovely bosses decided it’s not needed for salesfloor. Fat chance I’m going to be the one to blame for the shit show that occurs. I’m doing my own prep.
We salvage the as-is and online stuff as we get it 😂 we get way too much random shit returned from online, I don’t have the space to make an endcap of online only odds and ends drapes that aren’t in retail packaging
I used to do that when I had Domestics/Kitchen/Home. Online rug return, online furniture, nope I don’t need it, no one is going to buy a table that they don’t see on the shelf. They used to walkie me when one came in. Saved me and them some time.

STL says inventory will be done during the day this year. They really hate us huh

Hmmm, are there ever any overnight this year without RGIS? Just wondering if we’ll be O/N or Dayside.

Hmmm, are there ever any overnight this year without RGIS? Just wondering if we’ll be O/N or Dayside.

Ours was overnight they started at 5pm, can't confirm that since I leave before then but they were here before I got in the next day and they were still going and I heard they had been going all night and everywhere I went to pick in the back had tags that WiS left behind.

Ours is dayside & will be a shit show...thanks spot!

We actually just went through the 1st dayside RGIS in our area. It actually isn’t to bad. No guest complaints.

Our InTL was our ETL-GE who had just gotten her transfer accepted and was checked out and did no prep work at all and we got through it okay. Started at 6am and they were done by 330pm

Definitely defect out all the as-is and online returns. Also in softlines, each day pick a department and replace any missing tags. We would have everyone blitz through after morning huddle. Defect out all the items waiting for missing pieces to show up (socks and underwear).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back