Archived inventory scan help!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our store is doing an inventory scan in a few days and i said i would do it ... but here is the thing i don't know how to do. So friends how does one do it? Give me a step by step example. And i will love you forever!

Spot hires an outside company to do the actual scan. If you are there for the scan most of your night is spent waiting for the outsiders to request a "SKU check". Items that don't have a bar code, bar code doesn't scan or DPCI | UPC is not in the computer.

And then you get to zone the massive disaster they leave behind for you... There's also prep that needs to be done for the inventory night too. I helped prep the backroom last year and we had to go through each waco and shelf and each isle and make sure everything in location was scannable, and you put the __ deep stickers on items. I didn't help with sales floor prep so I'm not sure how that goes. The actual night itself is pretty uneventful.

Sales floor prep pretty much entails superzoning everything and making sure every item has a scannable barcode or SIM ticket.

Last year we had to go through all of the soft lines shelves, reverse all the clothes so the tickets were towards the outside and then pull every single ticket out from inside the clothes so the inventory people could easily scan it. That was hell.

I think at some retailers the flow team stocks the shelves differently, but of course Target wouldn't do that.

I think at some retailers the flow team stocks the shelves differently, but of course Target wouldn't do that.

We do this at Walmart. We have to change how the cans are stocked and the toothpaste and everything with more than one facing. It sucks. Then of course you have to re-stock everything back to normal after inventory is done.

Inventory stocking, right? Is it one facing all the way to the back and then the next facing whatever is left? You're store also has the capacity on the label so that makes it easier if the location is full. There's a reason walmart is number 1.

Inventory stocking, right? Is it one facing all the way to the back and then the next facing whatever is left? You're store also has the capacity on the label so that makes it easier if the location is full. There's a reason walmart is number 1.

Only problem is sometimes those numbers are not right, especially if the number of facings change from one POG to another.

Is that not being changed on the store level or not being sent by "home office"?

Is that not being changed on the store level or not being sent by "home office"?

I think the numbers are right if the mod/POG is confirmed in the computer before the label is printed but the modular team wouldn't confirm the mods until they were done, thus the capacities are wrong. The department managers reset the aisles now (yes, the store manager eliminated the mod team) and they confirm the mod in the computer first thing and the numbers seem to be right.

We have to do a complete inventory in pharmacy within the next few months.....EVERY pill has to be counted and scanned into the PDA for the "new system" that we're getting FINALLY!!!

inventory prep can be fun--like putting deep stickers with a random number on people's backs in the backroom :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back