Archived Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJH212

Electronics TM
So.... this evening there will be a team of about 30 people coming in to the store for inventory. We have been prepping all week for it. As E2E, I know my area is pretty darn good. Anything I should be aware of though? I have heard some horror stories about how they pester TM's and make insane requests. This includes interrupting a TM while the speaking with a Guest.
It will be my first time working during this checkup.

"SKU CHECK!" Shop the next morning and scoop up good deals on unrecognized items. Somebody (pricing team maybe) has to put them all in the system and rush through it, so some things have super low prices. One year I got my son a John Deere rumbling tractor for $0.36. One time they left their stepladders all over the store.
I asked my TL what the margin of error is on their counts. His answer: 0%. HA! don't believe that for half a second.

You'll mostly be running to collect items that are mispriced or unable to be scanned by the inventory team's devices. Make sure you know ahead of time which items need to be scanned individually vs. as sets or any weird things like that. Lots of zoning. Assist in keeping track of what aisles in your area have already been scanned. Pitch in to help where you can; it'll be a long shift.

As AP I shudder when inventory time comes. It's sort of the moment of truth for my past years' performance. HOW MUCH MORE DID WE LOSE THAN WE DID LAST YEAR

oh god no

it can't be that much

AFAIK they don't do inventory while the store is open. It's overnight

In some high-volume/larger stores, they have to start in the early evening/afternoon in order to get through everything by next morning.

Yep. I worked in an AAA+ volume store. REGIS showed up in the afternoon but only worked the backroom. They broke for dinner then once we closed spent the night doing the floor. A major pain in the ass IMHO.

Our 2019 inventory is soon. In all prior years we have prepared far in advance. This year it seems like very little prep is being done. I don’t feel we are any where near ready. I’m wondering if it has more to do with modernization lack of hours or the new company completing the inventory during open hours !
I’m predicting gross inaccuracies .

Our 2019 inventory is soon. In all prior years we have prepared far in advance. This year it seems like very little prep is being done. I don’t feel we are any where near ready. I’m wondering if it has more to do with modernization lack of hours or the new company completing the inventory during open hours !
I’m predicting gross inaccuracies .
Inventory prep payroll always comes a couple weeks before inventory. The majority of the work gets done 2 weeks prior and up until D day

Inventory last year threw our numbers off bad. I know b/c I do RFID weekly. After inventory, the number of items not found was almost exactly the number of extras. It was a significant number, but i dont remember now what it was.

Last year Shoes was a complete clusterfuck. Leadership apparently completely forgot about it until we were actually in the middle of inventory - then they called a few of us TMs over in a panic and asked us to try to organize a double row of clearance literally minutes before RGIS was about to hit the area. Oy.

How long does it take for our numbers to update to what Rgis counted? Numbers still seem off. OH says 4 but really have 9. It was definitely a cluster on service's part...

How long does it take for our numbers to update to what Rgis counted? Numbers still seem off. OH says 4 but really have 9. It was definitely a cluster on service's part...
I don’t remember the exact time frame but our next weeks RFID scan was like 99.7% because they had uploaded the inventory data. So less than a week.

Fun fact our inventory took 16hrs. . .I am still trying to process that. . .and yes they did it with the store open this year 4am start and no regis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back