Archived Is another era of having only small stores around coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly a century ago there were a bunch of small stores. No big stores around. Are we headed for a second era of this? Will all the big stores around close down and a bunch of small stores open up? It seems like a lot of big stores aren't doing well these days. Macy's, Sears, JCPenney, Kmart.

All stores are closing not just big ones. So HLM is right. It was big retailers who put away small businesses but now big businesses are trying to fight off the internet onslaught

Yeah. It seems like all retail stores are disappearing, but the big ones seem to be going first. So it seems like before stores disappear completely, we'll have another era of having just small stores around.

Nearly a century ago there were a bunch of small stores. No big stores around. Are we headed for a second era of this? Will all the big stores around close down and a bunch of small stores open up? It seems like a lot of big stores aren't doing well these days. Macy's, Sears, JCPenney, Kmart.

Yes. So remember if you ever get access to a time travel, its Jeff Bezos you want to get not Hitler. ;):cool:

I hope all large retailers do fall. I look forward to a day where I don't pass 10 stores selling the same shit. Fast food is next, I hope. Think of the potential beauty!

Target has their small express stores, I expect more of those in the future while bigger Targets get sold off.

Target has their small express stores, I expect more of those in the future while bigger Targets get sold off.

What's tricky is when Target Canada failed, a lot of leasors phad a hard time finding tenants to rent where Target once eas because of how our stores are designed. I am not sure Target could sell their bigger stores the way retail is struggling

Express targets save a lot on payroll with less middle management but they also have tiny backrooms and little in the way of flexible fulfillment so I'm not sure they are the wave of the future but rather a way to stick Targets in dense urban areas/collegetowns

If I'm ever starting a business to sell things... you bet I'm gonna spend money on an online catalog and website. Just seems like these businesses are just behind on that, and Amazon, Jet, Walmart, Target, etc are ahead, with Amazon about $65,784,000 ahead of everyone else in terms of e-commerce sales.

What's just funny is how walmart is about $9million ahead of Target. oops.

I hope all large retailers do fall. I look forward to a day where I don't pass 10 stores selling the same shit. Fast food is next, I hope. Think of the potential beauty!
Even if I quit Spot tomorrow...I still wouldn't want them to fail. I don't like the way I get treated most days but I would never want them to fail. The ripple effect if all big box retailers closed /failed would be catastrophic .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back