Archived Is anyone else having problems with CVS/Caremark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to get mine filled for the past week. They stopped covering mine at Walgreens, have to go through CVS or mail order. So I transfer to CVS. Go to pick my anti-depressants up, and I am then told the insurance won't cover it at CVS, only through mail order. I needed this shit a couple days ago.

Been trying to get mine filled for the past week. They stopped covering mine at Walgreens, have to go through CVS or mail order. So I transfer to CVS. Go to pick my anti-depressants up, and I am then told the insurance won't cover it at CVS, only through mail order. I needed this shit a couple days ago.
Call the 800-number and opt out of mail order. You should be able to get it filled, but only a 90-day supply.

We had one the other day who could now ONLY get a 30-day supply through us, even though they've been getting 90-day supplies all year??? If they want a 90-day supply, they have to go through their mail-order. When we called, we were given an 800-number they could call to opt-out of mail order (they've had issues with mail order before,) but when they called (in front of us,) they were told they could NOT opt out, nor could they get a 30-day supply at our retail location (even though we had a paid claim for a 30-day supply. The plan changed their benefits 9-1, letters went out in late August or early September notifying them of this change." Patient INSISTS they never received a letter notifying them of any such change (and knowing the patient, I tend to believe them because they're pretty on the ball when it comes to their benefits.) I'm so sick of these insurance just changing benefits and formularies willy nilly with no repurcussions! Because who gets the brunt of their anger? The pharmacy staff does! A majority of plans changed formularies and benefits 7-1 & 8-1, so many copays increased and, even though the documents state "benefits may change periodically throughout the year," they are given no advance notice of WHEN they are changing. They just come to pick up their orewcriptions and are hit with sometimes double or triple copays and WE are made to look like the "bad guys." Of course, it doesn't help that CVS is notoriously known as the most expensive pharmacy cost-wise in the industry for cash prices :rolleyes:

Rant over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back