Is Being A TL/Supervisor The Same Everywhere?

Havok

Finally A Guest Again
So, as some of you know, I had a poor TL experience at spot. I couldn't meet the expectations of he ETLs and it eventually forced me to resign. I had another interview last week for a supervisor at a sports store. It was originally just for a PT salesfloor TM spot, but when the store manager saw my resume, he then told me about a supervisor position they are looking to fill. They're hiring me as a FT employee that will eventually lead to a sup in a couple of months, IF I want it. I was pretty thankful for that. I used to be the TL for the flex team at spot and, I thought it was an insane experience. I was wondering if anyone here has had different TL and Sup roles in other retail outlets, and what your experiences are. The store I got hired at does not seem high volume, or at least not as high as spot was. I worked at one of the highest volume stores in the district. The reason I'm asking this is because, I'm actually really worried about letting this team down if I take the supervisor role. The last thing I want to do is disappoint myself and another team again.

Sounds like you will have a chance to work there for awhile and learn how things go. They will not move you forward if they don't think you are up to the job.
Yeah, that kind of made me feel good about the position. I could learn the ropes and possibly get additional training.

It appears your self esteem was tarnished a bit. Life is learning. You have experience. Go for it 100%. Forget about Target and focus on the new gig. Good luck, you'll be ok.
Yeah, it really did. I mean, I felt like I really let my previous team down, and I was always reminded that I was letting the team down which just brought my self esteem to an all time low while working at spot. I felt like I couldn't move in spot though. Like, no matter what I did, it was not good enough for anybody. No matter how hard I tried, I always fell short.

Each store is different. It's a fresh start for you. Go for it!
True. I'll give it a shot! Thanks.

Go for it.
I'll give it a shot, thank you!

Back