Is it just me? Pushing Toys Speed

I usually have been getting 5 hr shifts, although next week I have a 7 hr shift week. In those 5 hours, I can usually do a quick touch up zone (not perfect, only if the closer the night before did well), maybe a 2 tier or 2 of reshop, ~65 task 1for1s, and maybe 3 or 4 uboats of toy push. Is that good? I've been led to believe that I should have no problem getting at least that done, if not another uboat done. I used to think I was one of the better tm's, and if I'm struggling/busting my ass off just to get at least that much done everyday, then...I'm confused.....frustrated. But zone/reshop/backup/~70 1for1s/5 vehicles seems like a pretty good day. I can do 3 boats no problem, but 4-5 is really asking a lot, maybe I'm not the tm I thought I was.

It sounds pretty reasonable to me. That's about what I can accomplish if I am in Toys and I, too, am one of the stronger TMs in my store.

But definitely ask your TL for feedback if you are not sure you are meeting expectations.

Like yesterday, I got 3 uboats done, took the last flat out on the floor, but couldn't fininsh it because I had to spend most of my last hour on backup...how am I supposed to get it done? :)

Are you auditing, price change, pulling price change batches, working on plano spl/tr/rev?
If not, you are not doing enough, by just pulling ofo, and pushing +mild zoning.

Spot really needs to figure out the front end situation. Relying on floor TMs for backup is not benefiting the stores. Our store has been calling for backup way more than usual the past week or so. If they want tasks accomplished, then they shouldn't keep pulling TMs off the floor.

Last edited:
Plus you need to give the electronic's person their break.

See, it's not your speed that determines what you get done. It's what someone at corporate who's never done the job says you should be getting done. That's the reality.
Because Tech(Electronics) is owned by the ETL of Style/Beauty/Tech I make those team members cover their break or lunch since their hours are separate from GM. Their ETL needs to get them to do it. GM experts already do enough on their plate to have to cover a break or lunch. Modernization has drawn the lines.

I'm just trying to enforce it because heaven forbid GM asks for help from Style/Beauty/Tech and be told no that's not our job or workcenter.🙄

Because Tech(Electronics) is owned by the ETL of Style/Beauty/Tech I make those team members cover their break or lunch since their hours are separate from GM. Their ETL needs to get them to do it. GM experts already do enough on their plate to have to cover a break or lunch. Modernization has drawn the lines.

I'm just trying to enforce it because heaven forbid GM asks for help from Style/Beauty/Tech and be told no that's not our job or workcenter.🙄
And it's opposite in my store. Style is backing up lanes, covering electronics breaks, and generally addressing most guest requests and call boxes in electronics, stationary, seasonal, sporting goods, toys, domestics, home flat and baby hardlines after 1 or 2 because everyone in GM has gone home. Beauty helps out kitchen, pets and HBA. And specialty sales is still the only area in our store currently comping positive (we are VERY tired).

I'm also in Toys and that is about what I can do on a good day. I also help cover Tech breaks, though Target Mobile helps out a lot too.

Spot really needs to figure out the front end situation. Relying on floor TMs for backup is not benefiting the stores. Our store has been calling for backup way more than usual the past week or so. If they want tasks accomplished, then they shouldn't keep pulling TMs off the floor.
Our GM team is gone by 12 so they’re typically not effected by backups.

I'm also in Toys and that is about what I can do on a good day. I also help cover Tech breaks, though Target Mobile helps out a lot too.
yeah, pulling 2 vehicles, pushing 3, 30 min zone, 30 min on reshop, answering maybe a dozen calls, covering electronics breaks, and backup, maybe making a bale....seems pretty reasonable in 5 hrs, and of course, my required 15 break, so that's really in 4 hrs and 45 min.

And it's opposite in my store. Style is backing up lanes, covering electronics breaks, and generally addressing most guest requests and call boxes in electronics, stationary, seasonal, sporting goods, toys, domestics, home flat and baby hardlines after 1 or 2 because everyone in GM has gone home. Beauty helps out kitchen, pets and HBA. And specialty sales is still the only area in our store currently comping positive (we are VERY tired).
Our GM team is gone by 12 so they’re typically not effected by backups.
Wait, what?!

NO ONE in GM at all after 2:00 pm at the latest? How can you run a store that way? And Style covering all those areas? That is definitely not a thing in my store. Style does back up the front but we don't go near any other department except Baby Hardlines.

Imma just sit over here, keep my mouth shut and stop complaining because DAMN...:oops:

Wait, what?!

NO ONE in GM at all after 2:00 pm at the latest? How can you run a store that way? And Style covering all those areas? That is definitely not a thing in my store. Style does back up the front but we don't go near any other department except Baby Hardlines.

Imma just sit over here, keep my mouth shut and stop complaining because DAMN...:oops:
Haha, it's not easy! And like I said, they have negative comps. Paper/plastics/chem/pets/stationary and HBA people are usually out by noon. Baby hardlines and domestics generally 2pm. Sometimes the home flat who until 4 on weekends. Toys and Sporting dbos can only close so they're not in until around 6. So there's usually at least a 4 hour gap. Then closing TL and one closing expert. On non truck days there are usually just maybe one team member, possibly 2 and 2 out of 3 GM leads.

The Style Team and the leads put their foot down until the ETL covers breaks/lunches for Tech they won’t. Been going on for 2 months now. The Toys Team & Tech mesh well we got eachothers back. Toys is like the 2nd evil step child of GM with entertainment being the 1st. TWT workload behind almost a month.

yeah, it'd be nice if Tech would zone a little, or push reshop, or help me push truck when I go on break, as I cover their breaks, but that doesn't happen

Wait, what?!

We unload at 4 and after pulls most DBOs push time is only like 3 hours. We have to have the truck done by 12 everyday or we have to call our DSD and tell him why. He doesn’t want our closing team pushing anything except some extra 1-1 or zoning hard shopped areas to help the DBOs the next day

We unload at 4 and after pulls most DBOs push time is only like 3 hours. We have to have the truck done by 12 everyday or we have to call our DSD and tell him why. He doesn’t want our closing team pushing anything except some extra 1-1 or zoning hard shopped areas to help the DBOs the next day

I've been a "closing expert" a few times and the fact that I'm not supposed to push anything is entirely foreign to me. Like I'm slow but 4 hours of nothing but reshop and zoning? I'm lazy but c'mon gimme SOMETHING more to do

You don’t sound modernized. Most of our dbos aren’t scheduled til noon or later. The only area staffed before 10am is paper/chem and hba.

I have never had anyone even mention Style or Beauty covering Electronics breaks, it has always been GM. There is no pay differential and we have no "Specialty" ETL.

Does Style have more hours for their area than GM does? They could be struggling to do all tasks just as much if not worse.

The only reason why I'm pushing the issue at my store is because the ETL for Style/ Beauty/Tech wanted to make it an issue that I don't use her Beauty TM(who knows how to do RFID scans) for one freaking day to complete RFID inventory scan for Gen Merch. The Beauty TM was all caught up with her tasks so she could help out. Since the ETL made it a big deal, when electronics asked for break coverage I flat out decided that us Gen Merch weren't going to help. It may be petty but this ETL doesn't know how to give and take.

The only reason why I'm pushing the issue at my store is because the ETL for Style/ Beauty/Tech wanted to make it an issue that I don't use her Beauty TM(who knows how to do RFID scans) for one freaking day to complete RFID inventory scan for Gen Merch. The Beauty TM was all caught up with her tasks so she could help out. Since the ETL made it a big deal, when electronics asked for break coverage I flat out decided that us Gen Merch weren't going to help. It may be petty but this ETL doesn't know how to give and take.
I’m at the point I might start doing that.

Back