Archived is it just my store...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or does everyone else feel as if Target's Pharmacy isn't really a part of the Target "family" I see all of the other ETL's several times a day but the only time I see the RX ETL is when I bank the register in the AM

Pharmacy and Optical TMs at my store eat inside their sections. I find it completely unsanitary considering the personal nature of the services.

Same in my store they just lock up and eat lunch there I find it strange

Or does everyone else feel as if Target's Pharmacy isn't really a part of the Target "family" I see all of the other ETL's several times a day but the only time I see the RX ETL is when I bank the register in the AM

Well first of all the Pharmacy ETL can't legally be away from the Pharmacy when its open. So that answers that; and because of the nature of how pharmacy Tech work they almost never get to be a part of the actual salesfloor so they just eventually just eat with each other, or hang out with each other, and no one else.

For security reason, at the pharmacy at least, Technicians are not supposed to be eating or leaving personal items at the pharmacy. So I'm not sure how those other teams out there are getting away with that.

Last edited:
Thanks darikona that explains it. Another silly question...where is the etl rx office located? And is a pharmacy tech a team lead? Or just a tech?

Pharmacy Techs are on the TL Succession Plan, but are not TLs. They are just highly paid TMs - specialty, just like SFTs.

My store has an ETL-RX office with the other ETLs, and the pharmacy techs have access to it for their personal belongings.

I'm a pharmacy tech and I'm able to keep close with the rest of the store because I usually pick up shifts outside the pharmacy for extra hours. The other person is correct in saying in some states the pharmacist cannot legally leave the pharmacy while it's open, although they do have a small seprate space behind the pharmacy for storage/office/break/etc. Trust me, it's kept completely sanitary.

Any disconnect between the pharmacy and the "team" isn't intentional. I've worked in a few different Target pharmacies and the feelings always the same. We wave and say hi when people go by but we can't really walk out to huddles or chit chat.

As for the other question, some targets have team leads for their pharmacies, depending on their volume. None around me. Technicians are at a team lead level pay grade to begin with, so I'm guessing a technician team lead would be even higher, but I'm honestly not sure.

Pharmacy Techs are on the TL Succession Plan, but are not TLs. They are just highly paid TMs - specialty, just like SFTs.

A few things...TL Succession Plan? What's that about?

Also, you're sure they don't have TL like privileges? When I go to code in an interview (as in, who did the first interview and who did the second) I am given the option to say a Pharmacy Tech did the first interview. Which gives me the impression that a Pharmacy Tech is allowed to do a first interview for another prospective Pharmacy Tech or Pharmacy cashier followed by the ETL RX doing the second. Am I correct?

A few things...TL Succession Plan? What's that about?

Also, you're sure they don't have TL like privileges? When I go to code in an interview (as in, who did the first interview and who did the second) I am given the option to say a Pharmacy Tech did the first interview. Which gives me the impression that a Pharmacy Tech is allowed to do a first interview for another prospective Pharmacy Tech or Pharmacy cashier followed by the ETL RX doing the second. Am I correct?

Pharmacy technicians are not TLs, they are very specialized and highly paid (relative to the store). There ARE pharmacy tech TLs in high volume pharmacies. The paygrade is pg15 I believe.

To answer Thumbelina's question, the pharmacy's office is generally at the pharmacy in the back, though I have seen the Pharmacy ETLs use the computers at the main office.

Let me make a clarification: It is legally mandated that if the pharmacy is open that there must be a pharmacist in there for it to stay open. But if there happens to be more than one pharmacist the other one may do other things outside the pharmacy. Generally I've noticed this does not happen often, and if there is extras there is generally too much going on for that extra pharmacist to leave the pharmacy and join the Salesfloor for huddles or anything.

The only time I've ever seen a Pharmacy TM at the huddle was when one of our techs used to get scheduled under "Zone" for an hour until the pharmacy opened. We only have one other TM that works both in and outside of the pharmacy, and she rarely gets more than 8 hours a week. I only see the ETL-Rx when he's walking in the doors in the AM.

our pharmacy team is part of our team. They're usually in their own world over there but they take breaks in the breakroom and sit with us. They also will randomly come to huddle if they're not swamped. We have pharmacy cashiers, techs, two TL's, and two ETL-RX plus floaters. We're a high volume pharmacy though. We also have all the gsa's trained over there to help out and several of our cashiers know how to jump over there to help if needed. On the flip side if they're super slow for some reason the techs have stepped out to zone H&B to help us out. It honestly doesn't happen often but they will do it if they can which is always appreciated!

It does feel like we are in our own world; but we don't mean to be so segregated it just happens. At my high volume pharmacy its so busy the only break the techs ever get is our mandated 30 mins not 15s kinda sucks...but if you do need a break no one will give you a problem if you need to leave for a few minutes. A lot of times I take my 30 min break in the pharmacy because I'm socializing with the pharmacist or other techs, it really just depends, sometimes I go to the breakroom but its usually really dirty so I prefer the offstage area in the pharmacy. Also since we essentially work on top of each other (the pharmacy is tiny) its kinda natural that we are always "together" that's who we know.

Also the only time our RX-ETL is out of the pharmacy is for meetings, bathroom breaks, or going home. There really is no other reason to be outside the pharmacy since its so busy.
Btw the pharmacy is really clean because we clean it ourselves daily.

Pharmgirl-how come you only get a manditory 30 minute break? I thought it was supposed to be a 46 minute break? Or does it vary by departments?

It wouldn't make sense for a pharmacy TM or ETL to be outside of pharmacy....

Remember that anyone working in pharmacy has specialized education and licensing. They are "in demand". You don't just walk down a street and find someone who can legally work a pharmacy job.... They are few and far between. It is not like other jobs in the store where you can get anyone off the street.

Anyway, these people went to school to work a pharmacy job - not retail. Therefore, part of the "deal" when they are hired is that they are not expected to do retail work. I know it sounds elitist, but honestly retail work is beneath their education and training level.

It would be like hiring a medical doctor at a hospital and expecting her to also clean the toilets when a janitor isn't available. It is just not something they are willing to do. (obviously an extreme example, but it is the same principle as a pharmacy person doing other jobs in the store)

Yes, a pharmacy TM could in theory do other TM work if they so want to do so.... However, Target definitely does not require them to do it if they don't want to.

Another issue is pay rate..... Anyone working pharmacy gets paid more than other TMs in the store. Therefore, it would be costly for them to do TM work at a much higher pay rate. Target is paying them more than everyone else to work pharmacy - not other jobs in the store.

Pharmgirl-how come you only get a manditory 30 minute break? I thought it was supposed to be a 46 minute break? Or does it vary by departments?

Most stores require 30(+1) min lunches. In New York, stores require 45(+1) min lunches (not sure which other states are 45, I only know NY because I live there).

My pharmacy is the same, no 15 minute breaks, only the mandated halfs so we don't get fired. Some days it stinks that we have to take those because it's just so damn busy.

The reason for no 15s, in our pharmacy at least, is the unpredictable workflow and light staffing. Now, it's an unspoken rule. Technically by targets standards, we're probably supposed to be taking 15s so if someone really needs one, they get it. Otherwise, when we get a free second we'll run up front to maybe grab a soda and a snack or purchase something if that's what we would have done on a 15. We just do it super quick knowing it could get very busy any second!

We have Weds morning huddle at 8:45 in front of the pharmacy before it opens. The Pharmacy team leads the huddle and lets us know what is going on in their world. I like it, we get to see them, and they us. It does make us feel a bit more connected to them. Our Pharmacist eats in our break room too.

our pharmacy doesn't have enough hours to have a tm in there with the pharmacy etl so she basically works by herself and doesn't have much time to socialize. but when she has interns they are always eating in the break room

pharmacy is so small too. The Target I worked at, the pharmacy used to the the electronics stock room including the restroom. They made me do cashier there once, pain in the ****in ass and too stressfull too since you HAVE TO make sure you give the right meds out. Yeah save that for the pros,

still find it funny they have a fake emergency exit next to it. (door is on the outside with sign, but inside its an electrical pannel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back