Archived Is it the new norm to have to zone 15+ aisles in a few hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I recently transferred to a new target. All my shifts are closing ones and I am expected to zone at least 10 aisles a night in 4 hours. Not counting re shops, back stocking, helping guests, cashier, etc. I see the other TMS on their phones while I am scrambling for 4 hours to zone and it still isnt perfect. I didnt have to do this at my old target (it was even smaller than this one). Is this the new norm? I was out of work for 5 weeks before I came to this one. Also, how can I zone super fast? It is feeling overwhelming. Thank you! :)

That’s been the norm at my store for the past 5 years. Heck, sometimes I have to zone 30 aisles, as well as stay on top of reshop. We used to have 2 people zone a section at once and one person do reshop, but those days are looooong gone.

I use to be expected to zone all 44 aisles of toys, all 50 aisles of entertainment and electronics, and whatever mess is seasonal. All while handling electronics and reshop in 6-7 hours.

10 aisles in 4 hours seems like a cake walk. Team members are still expected to zone 20+ aisles at my store.

You will ALWAYS be given more work than you can possibly finish in one shift. That's how the ETLs are trained to do it.

There is no reasoning at Spot.

You will ALWAYS be given more work than you can possibly finish in one shift. That's how the ETLs are trained to do it.

There is no reasoning at Spot.

What should I do if I am working at 100% and still cannot make it the best? I never look at my phone and am always working as hard as I can but someone always finds something off/wrong with my work.

10 valleys is a reasonable expectation I'd say. It depends on the department you're working on. Paper/Chem would be a quick one. Others might take a bit longer.

To make zoning faster the best thing you can do is learn your departments and know where everything goes. The less you have to use a zebra the better. There's nothing wrong with asking your leader for feedback. Maybe walk the aisles with them beforehand to get an idea of what they want.

10 valleys is a reasonable expectation I'd say. It depends on the department you're working on. Paper/Chem would be a quick one. Others might take a bit longer.

To make zoning faster the best thing you can do is learn your departments and know where everything goes. The less you have to use a zebra the better. There's nothing wrong with asking your leader for feedback. Maybe walk the aisles with them beforehand to get an idea of what they want.

Im hoping itll be easier later as it was only my second day yesterday. Even in chem and sporting goods it gets destroyed as soon as I finish them, and I need to back stock and put away strays and I have no time to fix the aisles ( If i do i can only put the stuff up on their hooks without thinking about it as I have no time). I hope to maybe get quicker with time.

I found leaders to be overly critical of transfers and super lax with existing tms. Like just leaning against the boat talking to mobile vs trying like crazy to zone all of A. Even asking if "target is really for you" when there are tms literally loafing.

If your DBOs are doing their job you should just be doing touch ups.
Oh no. OH NO. It is a complete mess. Like a tornado went through it, for the past 2 days ive worked here. Always a mess. Even my mom has said when she shops there it always is.

Do the best you can.

I'm assigned stationery, home, bath, bedding & kitchen, which is, uh, something like 80 aisles total (as I generally just swan through decorative home, which is a span of 30 aisles that really isn't). 5 hour shift. If it gets zoned every night it's doable, even with backstocking all the effin' towels the pushers overstock in bath (among other things) and doing a cart of reshop, but that's really only if it gets zoned every night or every other night. If guests are particularly needy or there's need for backup at the lanes or if I have to cover electronics that will mess with that, but if it's quiet it's generally doable.

If we get behind on freight or it's the end of the month and they're cutting hours and we get behind on zone I can spend an hour and a half zoning towels all by themselves. Those nights it's clean up the endcaps, pick up obvious abandons, get stuff off the floors, zone towels & rugs well and don't even talk to me about reshop.

Yeah, I try not to worry about it too much. Even when I'm doing chemicals (which should be pretty easy), If they want me doing it right then give me time. If not then I'll have to cut some corners. This results in it not ever being properly zoned by anyone, but if that's how they want to do things, that's their decision, not mine.

Genuine question: people talk about valley and aisle, so is an aisle one side and a valley is both sides? Or does an aisle include both sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back