Archived Is it too early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I'm a new hire and my first day is this week.

I'm a regular hire instead of a seasonal so I plan to be at Spot for a while. With that, I know I need a weekend in late March/Early April area off. Valuing asking it off with quite a while warning, is it too early for me in my job to ask for it off? I know it's after my 90 days and isn't for a while but I just want to make sure it won't look bad asking for off days my first day or so.

Thanks!

I would wait after your 90 days are finished. Spot might cut you, due to save payroll in end of December. So don't call or be late for the next 90 days for starters..

By that time, everyone will be begging for hours and nobody will mind if you take two weeks off. Just wait till after fourth quarter.

And that is why they don't let me operate any power equipment, even though I'm *certified*. Apparently somebody saw my car in the parking lot and determined that driving is not my forte'.

I remember that fork lift fail. Did the driver die? Wasn't it inside of a wine or beer warehouse? I'm sure it took rescuers hours to get him out of the fork lift. That would be a bad way to go.

if you mention it to your HR even though you are brand new, they will appreciate the fact that you are aware of a scheduling conflict five months out. seriously. with as many team members that like to drop time off requests with less than 3 weeks, or even a few days advance coming in they will be impressed that you are taking the initiative to plan this far out. and just like Producer said, the rest of the store will be nearly fighting over hours at that time. I'd say even mention to the HR ETL, your consideration will be commendable and set a good impression about your concern for the store's needs.

@Producer @sigma7 OMG I KNOW!!!! Bahahaha I mean he had it fixed for a sec there...he should have left it at that. I got to hand it to him for catching himself when he fell tho! I would've definitely ended up on the floor lmao...I wonder what happened to all the product because that floor was flooded! All the nosey people in back, I would've definitely been apart of that crowd hahahahaha!

I loved the crowd of rubberneckers that just kept building. And the angry fist to a stack of pallets. All around amazing

There should be a board that shows the days that you are able to requests days off. Normally its 3 weeks out. So like today is the last day to request days off for the 23rd - 29th.

There should be a board that shows the days that you are able to requests days off. Normally its 3 weeks out. So like today is the last day to request days off for the 23rd - 29th.

Days off, that week?

The last day to request that off was never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back