Archived is it true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That you no longer need to have a BA to become an ETL? That is what a few of my ETL's have said to me.

You do not need a BA, however you must have a 4 year degree (or higher) from an accredited college/university to become an ETL.

That you no longer need to have a BA to become an ETL? That is what a few of my ETL's have said to me.

It doesn't have to be a "BA" which is a Bachelor of Arts. It could easily be a BSW (Bachelor of Social Work), BS (Bachelor of Science), or BBA (Bachelor of Business Admin).

If you want to know if this is "true", just goto target.com/careers

Click on Salaried management and then look at any ETL job posting. It cleary says under "requirements" - "4-year college degree"

Last edited:
It also states under the requirement that you must have supervisory experience and we all know that's bs. I know in the store I trained at the SRTL is going to become ETL and he doesn't have a bachelors

It also states under the requirement that you must have supervisory experience and we all know that's bs. I know in the store I trained at the SRTL is going to become ETL and he doesn't have a bachelors

Actually, our STL explained that "supervisory experience" requirement when I had asked about it two years ago when I was trying to find a way to promote to something above TL.

Basically Target considers college to be "supervisory experience" because (supposedly) colleges incorporate leaderships skills into classes. We all know that is crap except for business management students, but that's supposedly what target thinks.

I think I would be happier with execs if any of them had work experience outside of college period. Most of the ones we get anyways have never worked a day in their lives before coming to Target.

I think I would be happier with execs if any of them had work experience outside of college period. Most of the ones we get anyways have never worked a day in their lives before coming to Target.

so true! All I hear lately in reference to their experience is, "When I was the RA at college... "

really? That's real life!

smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back